Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Good for him, he can end his career there, if and when the move becomes permanent. I worry that they won't buy him though, or Ashley / Joe will not allow it to happen if they don't offer us a silly valuation. Really should not be an issue of him going there permanently though, he's done here.

A great servant and one of the heroes who brought us back up. Gonna go down as a demi-legend.

I see another brief statement on nufc.co.uk about him leaving.

It would be nice if on occasion, they could say a few nice words about a player and wish them well at their new club.

Paid by the word, probably.

So between £480k and £1.44m saved based on those few approximations, with the truth probably somewhere in the middle.

Effectively frees up the budget to bring in Luuk De Jong if there's any truth in that and if that's the way we're still looking at things following Llambias' departure (i.e. working to extremely strict budgets regarding wages + fees, etc.)

From that perspective I can see the value in it as Jonas was currently a non-contributing member of the squad.

Weird seeing him in another kit. Would've liked to see a foreign move, but with Hughton at least :thup:

My sentiment exactly. Happy for him to play under Hughton again, likeable guy who unfortunately just wasn't good enough for us anymore.