Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Looks totally shot of confidence at the moment.

He has been poor, but it doesnt help one bit when everytime he gets the ball the crowd go mental following a misplaced pass or unsuccessful run.

I thought yesterday we seen the best and the worst,, effort was amazing tracking back helping out edge of the box when we were under pressure.

Played some nice passes, put Carroll through early on with a great pass but Carroll miss controlled.

But he tries to do way to much, take everyone on, he does get surrounded fast mind, shows teams are scared of him. Wish at time he would lay it off early, we waste so much time and possession when him and Jose starting passing it back and forth.

I can only repeat what I've said in previous posts; Jonas should be sold. I tremble every time he has the ball.

Looks totally shot of confidence at the moment.

He has been poor, but it doesnt help one bit when everytime he gets the ball the crowd go mental following a misplaced pass or unsuccessful run.

Agreed. There was around the 70 - 75 minute mark yesterday where he won a 50/50 and you could see it gave him a huge lift and he finished the game fairly strongly. Needs a good 90 minutes to give him a lift.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

His PL stats must make for terrible reading. 1 goal and 5 assists in about 50 games.

I'm sure if we even tracked secondary assists (passes to the player who assisted) it'd be low. I know people love him because he's foreign and flashy, but they'd be on Wayne Routledge's case if he had put in similar performances.

His PL stats must make for terrible reading. 1 goal and 5 assists in about 50 games.

I'm sure if we even tracked secondary assists (passes to the player who assisted) it'd be low. I know people love him because he's foreign and flashy, but they'd be on Wayne Routledge's case if he had put in similar performances.

People are on his back though so im not sure of the point?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The point is that if Jonas wasn't Argentinian people would be pulling him up for his performances and saying he should be dropped. And his defenders wouldn't bother to defend him with the 'But he runs a lot' business. Tired of it, not going to hide it. On his day, which seems to be 29th February, he can be class, but he's so inconsistent over the course of the season, and within the 90mins, I'd feel unsure about passing him the ball.

Guest neesy111

I think he needs dropping like earlier in the season, that gave him a kick-up the arse then and i think he needs it again.  I don't see any talent in the guy and never will.

The point is that if Jonas wasn't Argentinian people would be pulling him up for his performances and saying he should be dropped. And his defenders wouldn't bother to defend him with the 'But he runs a lot' business. Tired of it, not going to hide it. On his day, which seems to be 29th February, he can be class, but he's so inconsistent over the course of the season, and within the 90mins, I'd feel unsure about passing him the ball.

The problem being though, there are no other options. On the right we can use Barton, WR and if needs be Guthrie. On the left we have no one else.

Tbf Lil Wayne stats are more than likely the same. His golden season with Crystal Palace when he passed it to AJ will more than likely give his numbers the boost it needs. We should never line up with Lil Wayne-Barton-Tiote-Jonas as there goal records are shite. Hopefully Barton will get a few more he has it in him to be 5 to7 goals a season player.

Guest neesy111

The problem being though, there are no other options. On the right we can use Barton, WR and if needs be Guthrie. On the left we have no one else.

That's always been a problem at NUFC, we need some competition for Jonas as well, because he gets into this comfort zone.

With him being a bit of a liabilty at present, is it worth giving Shane Ferguson a chance down the left?

He can put in a better ball and also drop back to help Jose when he needs too.

Jonas > Shane Ferguson.

Northern Ireland tend to throw anyone who looks remotely capable of achieving anything into their squads these days, with all the withdrawals in friendlies.  Jonas is a decent Argentinian international.  Ferguson has played one game for us, that yes, involved a wondercross.  Doesn't mean he's the next David Beckham.

How can you claim he's better when the lads only played 1 senior game for us?

I'd rather have someone in the team that can put in a decent ball instead of giving it away cheaply.

It's alright beating the odd bloke or 2 with fancy tricks but when you can't deliver the ball to one of your teammates it negates it.

That's always been a problem at NUFC, we need some competition for Jonas as well, because he gets into this comfort zone.

I dont think he'll get the competition until HBA returns. But I agree, he needs to buck his ideas up.

In a sense it might hurt us in the long run if Pardew decides to sign someone to push Jonas on the left. Long term are solutiuon there surely should be Ben Arfa, but if we bring someone in then Pardew may feel he does not have make Ben Arfa's loan permenant, I think that would be a huge mistake.

In a sense it might hurt us in the long run if Pardew decides to sign someone to push Jonas on the left. Long term are solutiuon there surely should be Ben Arfa, but if we bring someone in then Pardew may feel he does not have make Ben Arfa's loan permenant, I think that would be a huge mistake.

He said yesterday that he is going to speak with Dezza about making the deal permanant.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:lol:

"Hey, Dezza, I don't want this to be a permanent deal - his legs broke, innit."

I know the Toon are pushing for Ferguson to become an attacking fullback, but I'd really like to see him get 10-15 mins here or there for Jonas. He's a young lad, and perhaps a bit undersized, but he always puts a shift in, and has great technique over the ball.

Guest neesy111

I doubt N'Stropbia would come back tbh, still holding out for Arsenal.

I'm sure it's Real Madrid or Barcelona where he thinks he belongs.

He's just an outlet for when we recover the ball, Tiote->Gutierrez, then Barton/Caroll/Nolan all get forward as he won't lose the ball, he passes it back to one of those 3 and we create chances, he fulfills a role for the team at the moment and unless replaced by someone who can retain the ball as well as he can, we'd miss him immensely (Ben Arfa is perfect when he returns).