Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Not everything boils down to money you know.

Does in football unfortunately.

Well exactly, you see countless players come and go that have been paid similar money to Jonas but have not appeared to give a fuck about the club.

Well i would say in Jonas's case, he was being paid and playing for a club in a league above his actual ability. Hence him not really wanting to leave, and a manager who picked him no matter what. Now that manager no longer picks him, he wants to go and play.

I admire him for wanting to play, but maybe i'm a bit cynical but i'm going to fawn over his loyalty with my view in the sentence above.

It's not even just loyalty we're talking about. It's his professionalism and general likeability that countless other fuckers in the game don't have.

Robert got more goals and assists in his last season as a starter than Jonas did in his entire 6 seasons with us. I don't care if he smiled for the cameras or not. All I care about is the application of quality on the field.

Why does it even matter? Robert didn't get the same send off because he didn't put in the same amount of graft as Jonas. Obviously graft isn't everything and players like Smith and Butt put in effort, but were totally awful. Jonas wasn't albeit for one season when he was.

He had his faults, but people will always appreciate effort if you have something to offer the team

I'd rather give someone credit based on overall contribution.

Guest bimpy474

Not everything boils down to money you know.

Does in football unfortunately.

Well exactly, you see countless players come and go that have been paid similar money to Jonas but have not appeared to give a fuck about the club.

Well i would say in Jonas's case, he was being paid and playing for a club in a league above his actual ability. Hence him not really wanting to leave, and a manager who picked him no matter what. Now that manager no longer picks him, he wants to go and play.

I admire him for wanting to play, but maybe i'm a bit cynical but i'm going to fawn over his loyalty with my view in the sentence above.

It's not even just loyalty we're talking about. It's his professionalism and general likeability that countless other fuckers in the game don't have.

Isn't professionalism the least you should expect for being a professional footballer. Now i know there are countless wankers but percentage wise it's very few to the amount of decent lads. I think we confusing a decent lad, which he is, a very nice lad tbf and loyalty.

Not that i think this is the case but for the first time in his career here, he's been dropped and has left rather than stay and fight for a place. I've no doubt Pardew may have told him that would be pointless, so moving to Norwich would mean him getting games. Which is admirable and the right thing to do.

It's just my view on the modern footballer now, professional some maybe but loyalty is something completely different. Then again maybe i'm being over critical because i judge the obscence wages into things.

Guest Roger Kint

Looking forward to the same when Shola leaves in June, him being loyal and likable and everything :lol:

There's no chance he's leaving man. We've been here before.

Fair enough, i think he will

Guest bimpy474

Looking forward to the same when Shola leaves in June, him being loyal and likable and everything :lol:

Wouldn't Shola's be ever so slightly different with him being a local lad who supports the team.

I'd never want to leave the team i support. I may add, he should have been hoyed years ago as he's not good enough..

There's just no chance Jesus will let that happen. There'll be 2 days before his contract is due to expire, talks with Remy will go south, Cisse will be off to the Middle East, and Shola will be sat there, eating his apple, ready to sign another 1 year extension for 10 quid a week.

Wouldn't Shola's be ever so slightly different with him being a local lad who supports the team.

I'd never want to leave the team i support. I may add, he should have been hoyed years ago as he's not good enough..

Aye but Shola makes a proportionate wage for the industry he works in, the cunt.

http://i.imgur.com/dSaJJV8.gif

There's just no chance Jesus will let that happen. There'll be 2 days before his contract is due to expire, talks with Remy will go south, Cisse will be off to the Middle East, and Shola will be sat there, eating his apple, ready to sign another 1 year extension for 10 quid a week.

He will leave, then we will re-sign him on a free at the beginning of the season.

Guest bimpy474

Aye but Shola makes a proportionate wage for the industry he works in, the cunt.

http://i.imgur.com/dSaJJV8.gif

I'm desperate for more work so i can earn more money at £9 an hour, that bloke is on about £900 ffs :lol:

There'll be 2 days before his contract is due to expire, talks with Remy will go south, Cisse will be off to the Middle East, and Shola will be sat there, eating his apple, ready to sign another 1 year extension for 10 quid a week.

Frighteningly realistic scenario that.

Can easily see the Shola situation become the Carlton Cole mk2. His contract expires, tries to find a new club, no takers, then suddenly in autumn, he comes 'home' to rescue his injury ravaged beloved club.

See the reaction then :anguish:

We really have become shockingly small time, man. I don't remember this level of sadness for Robert's departure, and he had ten times the talent this carthorse does in his penis.

It's what we humans call affection, Ronaldo.

:lol:  :thup:

We really have become shockingly small time, man. I don't remember this level of sadness for Robert's departure, and he had ten times the talent this carthorse does in his penis.

It's what we humans call affection, Ronaldo.

:lol:  :thup:

:lol:

Doesn't really matter how likeable you are when you are utter shite IMO. Especially when we've got an owner as tight as Ashley, we can't be wasting £30-40k a week on someone that offers nowt except being a good lad.

Genuine question: What about when Ryan Taylor gets fit again, we decide he's not good enough so we sell him.  Perhaps down to a high-end fizzy pop club for around £1m?  He scored the winner against the mackems and comes across via Twitter as a genuinely likeable bloke.  He's played his part in us getting re-established in the Premier League and despite his obvious limitations, always gave his all.

Would people be as bothered/upset about him going?  I don't think so.  Jonas did a job and gave his all but IMO it's nowhere near as comparable to Robert or Bellamy going (even though Robert had tailed off by the time he left).  I was also more disappointed when Bobby Lee went to Derby despite pretty much having to play DM on the rare occasions he started because his legs had clearly gone.

I appreciate Jonas' efforts but he's no good to us any more if we're going to try and kick on.

Guest bimpy474

Is this whole argument about whether or not people should be wishing Jonas well?

No, we all wish him well, i hope so anyway.