Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Unless Jonas comes out and says something himself, I don't think there's anything much to criticise the club for here. Not at this point anyway. Seems it was kept quiet by everyone which is perfectly understandable.

How he was treated as a player is obviously completely separate.

tend to agree. Hell I'm rather impressed it was kept quiet until he said it himself normally this thing tends to find its way out somehow.

My story of him being a good guy: I was working in Primark in town about 18 months ago while I finished my Masters. He came in on a couple of occasions, each time spending about £500 (think how many items that was given Primark's prices).

One of my colleagues plucked up the courage to ask what he was doing with it all. He said it was all being sent back to Argentina to kit out friends, family and neighbours in the area he grew up in. :thup:

Good god what horrible news to come home to. Straight up disgusting if the club hasn't covered some if not all of his fees likr he says. Absolutely gutted about this news and wish Jonas a speedy recovery. Picture of him losing his hair made me well up. Poor guy.

Unless Jonas comes out and says something himself, I don't think there's anything much to criticise the club for here. Not at this point anyway. Seems it was kept quiet by everyone which is perfectly understandable.

Problem is he didn't come out and say "the club have been magnificent or the club have supported me every single which way" it says none of that, which leaves it all up for speculation. I have to think in the higher profile cases the player has come out and said something after the fact. I pray the club didn't shun the fella or treat him poorly because of it; if so - its worse than all the other shit they've done IMO.

Problem is he didn't come out and say "the club have been magnificent or the club have supported me every single which way" it says none of that, which leaves it all up for speculation. I have to think in the higher profile cases the player has come out and said something after the fact. I pray the club didn't shun the fella or treat him poorly because of it; if so - its worse than all the other s*** they've done IMO.

If he wants to keep it low-profile and focus on his recovery, saying words of high praise of the club is probably the last thing on his mind. If things had gone according to his wishes, the club can't be faulted in this case. Unless they refused to pay for his surgery or treatment when asked to but until that comes out, they get the benefit of the doubt.

It seems there's some confusion over the mandatory inclusion of players in the PL squad list but Spurs registered 23 players, leaving out BAE.

Gut feel is that there will be some Jonas chants this weekend, possibly in the 18th minute.

Get well soon, Jonas.

Sad news for Jonas - however, a friend of mine developed this when he was 35 and had a testicle removed. recovery was complete and he is still going strong at 66, so the portents for Jonas are good because it is one of the most treatable cancers if caught early.

Wish him all the best, a wholehearted player who tried his best for the club, unlike some...

Heard a bad rumour about his health a month or two ago. Not something you would want to spread as hear'say but it's kind of worrying that nobody knows whats going on. Is he still training with the club as that would pretty much confirm the rumour as false.

I think you may have been right:

The Looney Toon retweeted

Samuel ‏@ecanalla  7m

Jonás Gutiérrez on @TyCSports : "I got my left testicle removed in Argentina. When I came back to England, [Pardew] told me to leave." Wow.

Wow. Horrible news on Jonas. Get well soon, man. Livestrong!

Also, horrible treatment of the club if it's really like he's said.

Good players, bad players - doesn't matter - everyone needs every bit of support during times like these.

Edit: Just read on .com that it was meant that he was allowed to leave for recovery with his contract honoured. If that's the case than it's alright.