Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

i got skewed by that post from james on the page before, i thought it was being said that he returned to the club and was more or less told to beat it by pards? 

He'd never say just 'beat it' because the following line 'is no one wants to be defeated' Clearly not something Pardle buys into.

i got skewed by that post from james on the page before, i thought it was being said that he returned to the club and was more or less told to beat it by pards?

Sorry my bad got confused by the De Jongs

The De Jongs got stripped of their squad numbers? ???

i don't know what's going on now, forget the squad numbers but wasn't it said he returned after treatment and pardew told him he wasn't wanted, or words to that effect?

All i really care about now is him getting himself cancer free and smiling, joking, and hopefully getting his wonderful hair back.

I was tired of his decline as a player, but he'll always be remembered in a small bracket of players who I'll always have the utmost respect and care for - he stuck around and helped us get back in the PL and did so as a top, top bloke and a real "ambassador" of the club, the club I'm referring to are the passionate fans who give everything for this club.

All i really care about now is him getting himself cancer free and smiling, joking, and hopefully getting his wonderful hair back.

I was tired of his decline as a player, but he'll always be remembered in a small bracket of players who I'll always have the utmost respect and care for - he stuck around and helped us get back in the PL and did so as a top, top bloke and a real "ambassador" of the club, the club I'm referring to are the passionate fans who give everything for this club.

:thup: Couldn't have put it better.

Agreed.

I just wonder with the benefit of hindsight how much his decline was due to his illness.

Agreed.

I just wonder with the benefit of hindsight how much his decline was due to his illness.

...and how much was related to AP?

not good enough for the first team but he would have been a hell of an asset just being in around the squad for motivation and creating a team spirit, especially in bedding in the new players.

He'd do a better job than Gouffran is at the moment