Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

And not a sniff of a goal or an assist. Hopefully Ben Arfa will return and remind folk what a winger is supposed to do.

Agreed.

Jonas not getting an assist yesterday wasps much to do with the forwards as it was him!

Bloody wasps!

Say what you like about him but his pace and work rate kept us in the midfield battle. Nolan and even Barton would have had trouble stopping the Spurs midfield over-running us without him as an outlet.

I'm convinced once Ben Arfa is back he will be out wide instead of Jonas. I really cant see him being used as a secondary striker or attacking central midfielder.

In fact it wouldnt surprise me if we look to move Jonas on in the summer.

Guest sicko2ndbest

And not a sniff of a goal or an assist. Hopefully Ben Arfa will return and remind folk what a winger is supposed to do.

Agreed.

Jonas not getting an assist yesterday wasps much to do with the forwards as it was him!

Bloody wasps!

Buzz off nit picker you know what was meant

Agreed.

Bloody wasps!

He certainly didn't sting the opposition.

Same old story, then. Not his fault he can't cross or shoot.

Well he did put in some fantastic crosses yesterday - your sight was probably obstructed by your overwhelming prejudice against players you've fully committed to slagging off, irrespective of what happens in the 90.

"Not a sniff of goal or an assist" didn't really sound like praise for a better performance which, were it not for poor finishing, could have lead to two or three assists.

I think he's pretty invaluable to our threadbare midfield, very few of whom can actually run the ball out of our half for more than thirty yards without developing a stitch. Definitely not a candidate to consider "moving on" in this window or any other in the foreseeable future.

He put in a couple of good crosses, yes. As I said, it was one of his better performances.

Still doesn't change the fact he's a poor footballer who will hopefully be replaced.

He was a massive outlet for us yesterday and took the ball into the Spurs half when others were struggling.

Didn't he put in a cross for Best to head which Best should have done better with? I might be mixing him up with someone

He put in one cross that both Best and Shola should have got on the end of but they both missed it.

He put in a couple of good crosses, yes. As I said, it was one of his better performances.

Still doesn't change the fact he's a poor footballer who will hopefully be replaced.

He was a massive outlet for us yesterday and took the ball into the Spurs half when others were struggling.

This, not to mention he put in at least three top quality crosses. Don't get the hatred here, albeit his final ball isn't always up to scratch the value he adds to the team elsewhere more than makes up for it.