3 Out Of The Last 24

Crumpy Gunt

Guest secteur2010

look to the past to learn from mistakes definately but are you saying that NUFC have not learned from them? Especially after a year in the Championship.

i think you're being too harsh.

Guest secteur2010

I'm not sure why everyone is freaking out, its typcal NUFC to a T.  Our unbeaten home run comes crumbling to an end, not to a top 4 team but to our relegation rivals.

Typical NUFC.

Precisely.

The reality check I was referring to in the post match thread was for Hughton to maybe realised that he needs to drop Nolan and Smith to replace them with his new signings.

But, in reality I think there will always be a place for Nolan in the starting 11 as long as Hughton is picking the team.

The reality check I was referring to in the post match thread was for Hughton to maybe realised that he needs to drop Nolan and Smith to replace them with his new signings.

But, in reality I think there will always be a place for Nolan in the starting 11 as long as Hughton is picking the team.

Anyone who has an iota of football sense about them will know that the axing of Nolan is imminent unless he miraculously gets himself fit.

Anyone who has an iota of football sense about them will know that the axing of Nolan is imminent unless he miraculously gets himself fit.

That is so true, he was clearly struggling on Saturday - especially in the second half and I am sure at one point I saw him gesture to the bench to be subbed, that rolling hands movement.....

Anyone who, like me, is a bit older but, still trying to play football with younger players will know how tough it is and how quickly you tire.  That is what it is like for Nolan I recon, he is just too old to play at the sort of pace expected in the Premier League today.

Guest neesy111

So, just when will folks alarm bells begin to ring?

Next 3 games after Everton are crucial.  I'm not expecting anything out of that game tbh.

That is so true, he was clearly struggling on Saturday - especially in the second half and I am sure at one point I saw him gesture to the bench to be subbed, that rolling hands movement.....

Anyone who, like me, is a bit older but, still trying to play football with younger players will know how tough it is and how quickly you tire.  That is what it is like for Nolan I recon, he is just too old to play at the sort of pace expected in the Premier League today.

He's only 28, and he's a professional athlete. The guy has no excuse for being off the pace... he's just never been a very fit person I guess.

face.

palm.

I don't think we need a reality check TBH, everyone knows we aren't world beaters. The relegation was a bit of a reality check last time around!

Watch, we will end up beating Everton or Man City within the next month or so aswell as taking all 3 points against Stoke and then we will be back to the conversations of maybe sneaking into the top half.

:lol:

So, just when will folks alarm bells begin to ring?

To answer your question(which quite a few will avoid..!), the alarm bells will start to ring for me if we are in or near the bottom 3 in November - esp if we have a poor home record as well.

Too soon yet to judge the side properly because new players have yet to be seen in action over a few games. My biggest worry as some others have said, will be whether Hughton has the b---s or the nous to change the team by dropping his 'favourites' when it is necessary.

As a matter of interest, Crumpy, when will the alarm bells start ringing for YOU..!?

Irrelevant. Its a new season now, a new beginning for us. We cant change the past, so lets look forward on working towards having a better future.