Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

City would be mad to lose Johnson, he is one of the brightest talents in their squard and I can't believe he doesn't get more games. He will easily find a top club if he leaves.

With us doing better than many expected so far and only a point behind Spurs I can't see them doing us any favours. Any loan signings would surely command a fee and sizeable wages.

Kranjcar on loan please.

Doubt they'd loan him out. I'd like us to do a mental raid of Spurs like Sunderland did a few years ago, but get better players.

E.g. Kranjcar, Bentley and Keane for 20m. (7m, 8m, 5m?)

Please.

No to Robbie Keane.

Wonder if Andy Johnson would be worth a punt from Fulham, seems to have dropped off the scene a bit.

Was already going downhill towards the end of his time with us. He then got a very serious injury at Fulham and has hardly played... I'd stay away from that one.

I'd rather have Rubeus Hagrid than Jason Roberts tbh.

:lol:

I was about to google this obscure Norwegian striker there, without the name actually sinking in

Rubeus is fucking canny for our national team, mind. Wins all the headers. Gets a lot of calls against him just 'cause of the physical presence he has due to his size, mind.

I wouldn't want us spending any money on Keane like.

He has a contract until 2012, I can't see there being a problem with us taking him on loan.

Personally don't see us spending more than about £4m in January; if we can sell some of our shit players that would add to it but unfortunately Stevie Wonder FC don't exist.

I was about to google this obscure Norwegian striker there, without the name actually sinking in

Rubeus is f***ing canny for our national team, mind. Wins all the headers. Gets a lot of calls against him just 'cause of the physical presence he has due to his size, mind.

I bet he's full of tricks

Rubeus is f***ing canny for our national team, mind. Wins all the headers. Gets a lot of calls against him just 'cause of the physical presence he has due to his size, mind.

I bet he's full of tricks

Bjørn Helge Riise is looking to move to another English club in Jan and would be a pretty cheap option (or loan) for right wing until Barfa returns, imo.

Wasn't particularly good for Fulham on any evidence that I saw last season. No better than Gosling I'd have thought.

Bjørn Helge Riise is looking to move to another English club in Jan and would be a pretty cheap option (or loan) for right wing until Barfa returns, imo.

Wasn't particularly good for Fulham on any evidence that I saw last season. No better than Gosling I'd have thought.

Have done very well for Norway and did when he was still in Norway. There's no doubt a player in there, he just doesn't get played. I'd not bring him in to remain a first choice player, mind. Just a short term fix for our right wing with him being a natural winger as he'd be cheap/available on loan and wants out of Fulham.

Tottenham midfielder Niko Kranjcar has told Croatian agency Mediaservis he could leave if he continues to be left on the sidelines, but insists he would prefer to stay at White Hart Lane.

"I have to wait to see what Tottenham have to say, but as things stand, a transfer somewhere else is not that far away," he said. "I am not angry or too disappointed. I believe that things will improve at Spurs. But if not then I will look for a club where I can play week in and week out."

Meanwhile Kranjcar's father Zlato, the manager of the Montenegro national team, claims his son has already made up his mind, telling another Croatian agency 24sata: "Niko is definitely leaving Tottenham. There just isn't any sense to be sitting on the bench all the time."

Source: BBC Football Gossip Column.

Guest kingdawson

I don't rate dos Santos, the lad is living off the comparisons made with Ronaldinho a million years ago. He should flourish in the Spurs team with the way they play, but he looks distinctly ordinary every time. Poor poor mans Ben Arfa.

Never judge a young player based on what they are doing at Spurs. Horrific club when it comes to dealing with youg players.

They didn't give Boateng a squad number when he was at Tottenham but were starting Jenas every game. Got rid of Defoe, Kaboul and Crouch only to go running back to them after Harry nicked them and showcased their abilities at Pompey. Dismissed Darren Bent sharpish even though they don't have a striker better than him, apart from maybe Defoe. Based on what O'Hara did at Portsmouth last season he is alos far better then Jenas but hardly plays either. Had pretty much just about given up on Bale too after almost loaning him out to a championship club last season.

You're very wrong on most counts.

Defoe played and scored goals for us and we knew how good he was. We let him go because Berbatov, Keane and Bent were ahead of him in the pecking order at that time. You're making it seem as if he was some sort of untested kid that didn't get a chance to shine at Spurs.

Kaboul i agree with. We obviously thought he was talented as we wouldn't have splashed out 8mill on him but he wasn't given much of a chance. Crouch was a kid when he left. Bent i somewhat agree with but we were playing 4-4-2 at the time and it's pretty damn obvious he can't play with a striker partner (even you can finally admit that now). Bale being loaned out to a championship club was tabloid bollocks and Redknapp said that himself at the time. O'hara's been injured this whole season.

Now you're looking at what we've done with kids in recent history, have a look at what we did with Lennon, Huddlestone and Dawson (all 3 players we got from the Championship for a combined 6.5m) and Gareth Bale too whilst you're at it.