Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Ashley Williams from Swansea- source from an agent on Twitter.

I know, I know.

We really don't need any CBs.

Surely telling Spuds to bugger off on Carroll means Bentley is long gone? I'd be quite happy about that.

I'd be too. Very much so.

It was also "reported" on some other transfer gossip/news site

MAIL

Newcastle lining up January move for QPR attacking midfielder Adel Taarabt

By Sportsmail Reporter

Newcastle are lining up a move for QPR starlet Adel Taarabt.

The 21-year-old attacking midfielder has been outstanding this season following his summer move from Tottenham and has been the creative force behind their rise to the top of the Championship.

QPR bought the Moroccan for just £600,000, rising to £1m based on appearances and promotion, but Newcastle want to test the water with an offer now.

Wanted man: Adel Taarabt is a target for Newcastle

Manager Alan Pardew wants to add some attacking flair to his side and is considering Tottenham's Robbie Keane and David Bentley among others but Taarabt may fall closer into line with his transfer budget.

Any move would seriously test the resolve of QPR who have entrusted Neil Warnock in delivering their Premier League dream and selling Taarabt could put that at risk.

Although Warnock readily admits he is the type of luxury player that used to drive him mad, Taarabt has scored 11 goals in 23 games and would prove difficult to replace at this stage.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footbal....l#ixzz19xPmVJIm

Read more: http://qprreport.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=19083#ixzz1AA1EjZ5w

Wenger has confirmed Vela can leave on loan. Bolton want him, but Wenger said others are in for him and he will go to the team who guarantees him the most games.

As much as I'd like us to sign him, we don't really need a striker, he'd be 3rd choice at best. Getting a midfielder and a centre-back should be the priority.

Who are the other strikers after Elmander and Davies? Vela could be a class addition, if he can sort his consistency out.

His main competition would be Klasnic, who's the best finisher at the club but can't last a full game. We have Rodrigo Moreno too (on loan from Benfica, ex-Real Madrid B) who looks handy too, though he's been playing as a right-winger recently.

Who was the young centre half who played well against us for Derby (a) last season?

Addison was it? I seem to recall he was coming back from a serious injury but had previously been quite highly thought of within the game. Anyone know how he's progressing?

Also, if we're talking cheap squad fillers, what about George McCartney - lb at Leeds - previously played for the Mackems and WHU?

He'd do a job and, other than one nightmare game for sunderland, I've always thought he looked fairly capable.

<£1m for him I should think.

George McCartney is not good enough for this league. End of.

I've seen him a few times for WHU and watched the odd Mackem match on TV and thought he'd be a half decent bench warmer to give us cover for God.

'Realistic/Cheap' until Ferguson develops was my thinking.

If you've seen more of him than me then fair do's...............was just a thought for cheap and cheerful.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Wenger has confirmed Vela can leave on loan. Bolton want him, but Wenger said others are in for him and he will go to the team who guarantees him the most games.

As much as I'd like us to sign him, we don't really need a striker, he'd be 3rd choice at best. Getting a midfielder and a centre-back should be the priority.

Who are the other strikers after Elmander and Davies? Vela could be a class addition, if he can sort his consistency out.

His main competition would be Klasnic, who's the best finisher at the club but can't last a full game. We have Rodrigo Moreno too (on loan from Benfica, ex-Real Madrid B) who looks handy too, though he's been playing as a right-winger recently.

Forgot all about Klasnic and Moreno! Still take Vela like, he'd offer something different, maybe behind the front 2?

Guest Roger Kint

Who was the young centre half who played well against us for Derby (a) last season?

Addison was it? I seem to recall he was coming back from a serious injury but had previously been quite highly thought of within the game. Anyone know how he's progressing?

Also, if we're talking cheap squad fillers, what about George McCartney - lb at Leeds - previously played for the Mackems and WHU?

He'd do a job and, other than one nightmare game for sunderland, I've always thought he looked fairly capable.

Addison is a perma crock sadly, comes up here a fair bit for a drink but doubt he would actually pass a medical from what a mutual friend says.

Guest Stephen927

Ashley Williams from Swansea- source from an agent on Twitter.

I know, I know.

We really don't need any CBs.

Surely telling Spuds to bugger off on Carroll means Bentley is long gone? I'd be quite happy about that.

We do if it's true that Campbell wants to leave.

Mido that cunt can fuck right off. As if it wasn't enough that he is a shitty person and utter mediocre player, it also seems like he would demand quite a hefty wage.

Ashley could see this as quite a coup tho. Mido in for free, Carroll out for 20-25 mp.

Addison is a perma crock sadly, comes up here a fair bit for a drink but doubt he would actually pass a medical from what a mutual friend says.

Shame - he looked very classy when we played them.

Hope he can shake off his injury problems as he looked like he could play at a higher level.

Shame - he looked very classy when we played them.

Hope he can shake off his injury problems as he looked like he could play at a higher level.

Same did Perch tbh. Not that I doubt that Addison is a way better player.

Guest Stephen927

Why does it seem mido would demand a hefty wage? He was on a normal person's wage at west Ham :lol:

Middlesbrough were picking up the bill for the other £39,000 or so a week. :lol:

Guest Brazilianbob

Gradel was on loan to Leeds in League 1 from Leicester City last season because he couldn't break into the Leicester first team.

Gradel did not play regularly for Leeds last season until it was clear Beckford was leaving, and only then did he get a few games in the latter half of the season, so if he couldn't hold down a regular place in League 1 last season, I doubt he is ready to play in the EPL after only playing a handful of games in the Championship.  The Leeds fans like him, but as someone has already said on here, he is no better than Lua Lua.