Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Guest Tall Striker

How man, stop feeding the Ronaldo Troll.

You're turning him from this:

http://www.conti-online.com/generator/www/uk/en/contisoccerworld/themes/02_fanzone/04_stars/img/ronaldo_portraet_en,property=original.jpg

to this:

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/ronaldoholidayBIG_450x474.jpg

:lol: It's too easy though mate.

Guest Roger Kint

Fucking hell all this cos Ronaldo made a reasonable call on Sol Campbell? Hardly worth a page of people being arses over it ;D

Anyway if we are looking at loans that ex Liege striker was rumoured to be available from Monaco, seemed ok against Liverpool and Everton a year or so back :undecided:

Ronaldo wins again.

I would think that raiding the up and coming Southampton players would be a good start for our youth transfer policy. I saw on sky yesterday that Fulham and Arsenal are trying to sign a Southampton youth.

Not sure any would actually move, Southampton's a good place to be for a young player. Though there are two definite prospects who're a little too young to make any impressions upon their first team just yet who could be very special; James Ward-Prowse and Jake Sinclair.

Sol Campbell is as sub-standard as Alan Smith now?

Pathetic.

I'm not saying they're on a par but you can hardly claim that Campbell has been decent this season.

He also doesn't fall into the category of a lower league player or a hungry youngster does he? It was just an example Ronaldo, don't get your thong in a twist

You taking the piss? Barring West Brom away he's looked solid and commanding.

He's exactly the type of player we need to cover for flappy arms Taylor when he drops a bollock, because he reads the game so well.

His bad game was against Liverpool.

I don't think he was that bad against Liverpool. I thought he was poor against West Brom, where he was caught out of possession numerous times and constantly looked to hoof the ball.

Unless my eyes deceived me from 30 yards away from the match.

He was horrific against Liverpool. There was at least 4 times when he misjudged the balls flight and put us in trouble. See their goal, see Tiote's yellow card.

A tabloid claimed this morning that Connor Whickham was on our wishlist

He's got potential, but he's far from a Premiership player at the moment and he's pretty similar to Carroll (although is a better player on the floor than Carroll was at 17).

Apparently he doesn't completely see eye-to-eye with Keane, and that has fueled the link that Ipswich will try to cash in on him. While he suits our 'model' he is probably a bit too expensive at the moment and is not really the player we need right now.

Talkshit:

Kevin Gameiro is set to shun his Premier League admirers and move to Valencia.

Newcastle, Tottenham and Arsenal have been linked with the striker, who has fallen out with his manager Christian Gourcuff at current club Lorient, and a move to England looked imminent.

But interest from the La Liga side could put pay to the chances of the 23-year-old crossing the English Channel with the opportunity to move to sunny Spain proving more alluring.

The player has been valued at £10m but his eagerness to leave the Ligue 1 club means the club will have to settle for a figure more around the £6m mark.

Never heard of him myself, just remember someone mentioned him a while back.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Sol Campbell is as sub-standard as Alan Smith now?

Pathetic.

I'm not saying they're on a par but you can hardly claim that Campbell has been decent this season.

He also doesn't fall into the category of a lower league player or a hungry youngster does he? It was just an example Ronaldo, don't get your thong in a twist

You taking the piss? Barring West Brom away he's looked solid and commanding.

He's exactly the type of player we need to cover for flappy arms Taylor when he drops a bollock, because he reads the game so well.

His bad game was against Liverpool.

I don't think he was that bad against Liverpool. I thought he was poor against West Brom, where he was caught out of possession numerous times and constantly looked to hoof the ball.

Unless my eyes deceived me from 30 yards away from the match.

Sol was very poor at Liverpool as well. What the hell is he doing for their goal? Not to mention misreading the flight of the ball multiple times which almost cost us.

Would stay clear of Connor Whickham for the money they want as he clearly has not scored a enough goals yet for the sort of money talked about.

16 & 0 so far this season. (3 starts)

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/130189/connor-wickham?cc=5739

He's definitely only worth it if you were in a position to spend money and then loan him back out.

He's got potential, but is certainly living off hype at the moment. It's worth noting that he has had injury problems this season and when he has started he has been a handful.

Guest rosstoon

Ive heard that we are looking to sign Adam Lallana from saints. They are looking to wrap the deal up in early January. The source is a Friend of his who use to play youth team football with him before he went to Saints. The offer is in the region of £1.5m

Guest rosstoon

On either wing. Very good player at that level - Is higly rated and is in the England U21 set ups.  Just letting you know what ive been told.

Guest rosstoon

Wouldnt say he lacks pace, if he does from what i see at the level hes playing at hes exceptional. I owuld like him as he can put in a cross which is more than Routledge can. Again this is all based on lower level football but obviously Pardew knows him and will know if he is ready for the step up.