Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Guest kingdawson

Nar, had him here when he was genuinely class, don't want him when he's slow and poor and mates wiv 'Arry.

Slow? Poor?

Sorry but that's simply not true. He's been great for us until the injury.

Guest kingdawson

Woodgate clearly has fitness problems. If he was still any good, he'd be in the first team at Spurs.

But he is first team? he'd probably be starting if fit.

Woodgate clearly has fitness problems. If he was still any good, he'd be in the first team at Spurs.

But he's not fit, in fact Sol Campbell is currently light years ahead of him in the fitness stakes, which is criminal.

Would be a good signing for Blackpool, where half fit he's better than any of their defenders, and by the end of the season he might get to a level of fitness to where he's can be a 1st teamer but IHMO he'll get injured way before that happens.

It would be a dreadful signing.

It's a mixture of common sense and stubbornness that I don't want him. It's always 50/50 whether he'll even make a full comeback from any of his injuries. If someone loans him I wouldn't be the least surprised if he breaks down in his first game.

Second, we've got a good, settled defence right now, no need to spoil it. Especially (and here's the stubborn part) just so we can give him back to Spurs if/when he gets back on form so he can help with their charge.

Nothing against Spurs, I wouldn't want to loan any player from another PL club for those reasons. We're just getting the shit of his being unfit and off form to start with, just for them to steal him back when he comes good.

Which is kind of my point. Centre back isn't your strongest area IMO, so if you're prepared to loan him out, there's a problem.

Linked with a loan move for SWP -

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/football-hotline/2010/12/26/toon-make-wright-move-in-january-102039-22805667/

Not everyone would be pleased at that, but I see him as an unfulfilled talent who perhaps just needs a coach who can get through to him.

I'd take him on a 6 month loan deal, but no more then that.

Adebayor would be a better option though.

Been shit for ages. Dunno where he'd improve us.

He's better than Routledge, gives us a decent option off the bench and it's cover for the wing. Would be pleased as long as it's just a loan. Rather him than Woodgate anyhow.

I'm really not sure about that. And if he's just going to be on bench duty I can't see him making an impression of any note. If he's gonna get anywhere near to the level he was at a few years ago he needs games.

Guest kingdawson

Which is kind of my point. Centre back isn't your strongest area IMO, so if you're prepared to loan him out, there's a problem.

Yes the problem is his fitness.

Guest kingdawson

But he's not fit, in fact Sol Campbell is currently light years ahead of him in the fitness stakes, which is criminal.

Would be a good signing for Blackpool, where half fit he's better than any of their defenders, and by the end of the season he might get to a level of fitness to where he's can be a 1st teamer but IHMO he'll get injured way before that happens.

It would be a dreadful signing.

Fair enough. Besides this injury he's been pretty much injury free since signing with us (altough this is a pretty long lay off tbf). In terms of his performances for us before getting injured, he was excellent but i can see why you wouldn't want to risk it tbh.

That's the thing, seems like Harry's giving up tbh. Figures sending him on loan gives a chance of someone else maybe being able to sort him through methods they've not thought of, or even just getting a bit of cash out of him by maybe saving wages, or a little loan fee.

I'm really not sure about that. And if he's just going to be on bench duty I can't see him making an impression of any note. If he's gonna get anywhere near to the level he was at a few years ago he needs games.

I agree with that, if we're going to play a winger I'd rather it was Routledge who seems to have everything but confidence.

And just struggle on with him and Jonas as the only two wingers?

We're not struggling and I'd rather our own players got games than a player who could come here and go back to his club fitter and more confident.  We brought players in last season and they were given games at the expense of players who are still here and less experienced for missing those games.