First five games.. going into the next five games

Fatwax

I really don't see us losing to West Ham. They look devoid of any talent.

I think we'll get a draw against the Mackems unfortunately and lose to City but win the other games.

They didn't look that bad against Chelsea at Upton Park (individual mistakes aside), plus it's exactly the kind of game that we should and expect to win, that we then lose (ref: Blackpool)

Without saying who we play, I think 12 points is very much possible from our next 5 league games. Lets hope we win the last one of those 5 especially though.

9 points must be our minimum aim and we must get something out of the last one though.

The first five games should have laid a lot of our fears to rest. We're good enough to compete in this division.

The one question mark is our ability to break a team down at home, where they've come to defend and hit us on the break. We've shown we can play when we have a bit of time and space.

I'm not saying we can't do it - it's just the remaining unmet challenge which will be thrown up by those three home games. It comes down to how well you defend as much as how you attack.

Sunderland (H) - win

City (A) - Lose

Stoke (H) - draw

Wigan (H) - win

West Ham (A) - draw

8 points

This. Or Stoke and mackems other way round, but I truly belie... HOPE we'll be at 15 points after ten matches. That would set us on track to top ten finish.

With the MF we had on Saturday, we are going to get lots of possession against all but the best teams. The big problem is that we will struggle to turn this into goals because Carroll is not getting supported quickly enough. If a system can be worked out where Ben Arfa and the likes of Barton and Tiote play closer to Carroll in home games, we might get enough to get 8 points from the 5 matches mentioned.

I can see us losing games by 1-0/2-1 margins when we have given at least as good as we've got..

Guest firetotheworks

I think we'll have to have a severe off day, or be desperately unlucky if we don't beat West Ham, going on current form. They've looked horrible every time I've seen them.

I just looked at the next 5 games, wow these games will really define our season, if we can come away with 10 points from them (which is far from impossible) weèll be well on our way to survival, fail to pick up more than 4 or 5 then we will be up against it for the rest of the season.