Shay Given (now retired)

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can I just add that the paper has obviously made this up and it is in no way happening.

Yep. 2+2=5.

If Soderberg isn't ready yet, bring in someone's 3rd choice to play on the bench. Krul needs the managements faith. If we aren't going to give him a few games now, we never will.

There's no way we'd be able to match his wages anyway, unless City were going to pay most or all of them - which seems doubtful considering they weren't willing to let him leave in the summer.

He'll be on mega money there.

We have to try and bring someone in like . Harper could be out for months, a red card or injury to Krul would be disastrous.

Given may be the easiest and best option for Hughton. If he does go for Given and not for some back up GK for Krul it indicates he is not very confident with Krul in goal.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Krul still has weaknesses as I'm sure the other thread has pointed out. He does seem excitable at times. I don't worry about him when we are under the cosh as I back his ability as a shot stopper up there withe best, far better than harper.

I worry about the games where it is tight and a mistake is going to be the decider. He has the potential to flap and get under crosses, and also charge out when there's no need.

I would be more than happy for him to stake a claim, but is now the right time?

I think shay could be worth up to 7 points from now until harper returns which might be all the difference

As far as him leaving us was concerned it was the wrong time but at that time I'm sure most of the squad, should they get a club like city, would have jumped ship.

For what he did before I hold him in the highest regard.

Tainted hero!

Guest The_Scoreboard

rather they just brought Forster back. Given went of his own accord when we needed him most, rot on the City bench for all i care :sadnod:

Guest sicko2ndbest

rather they just brought Forster back. Given went of his own accord when we needed him most, rot on the City bench for all i care :sadnod:

Hughtons confirmed Forster cannot return

There's no way we'd be able to match his wages anyway, unless City were going to pay most or all of them - which seems doubtful considering they weren't willing to let him leave in the summer.

Bellamy to Cardiff ring a bell.

I'd honestly have no problem playing Soderberg.

Starting Soderberg would be absolutely ridiculous.

Krul may flap a bit but he is a good stopper, has a lot of talent and can learn the rest with experience.

Has this rumour really got legs? Given wanted out of here and didn't make a secret of it, we have the same owner so wtf? 

No Kinnear.

Come on man the appointment of JFK was a lowpoint (there were other low points whilst he was here tbh) but Given went for the money and possibility of glory that Citeh were offering. Most would have done the same but Krul should now get the gig imo.

You've also got the factor that City might be game to the idea in that he might just take a point or two from teams that might be around them come May.

You've also got the factor that City might be game to the idea in that he might just take a point or two from teams that might be around them come May.

Eh, why wouldn't they think that of Bellamy then?

Soderberg may well be a very good keeper but there's no way he's old enough or experienced enough for us to even consider playing him in a Premier League game.

We need someone with at least some experience to sit on the bench and provide cover for Krul. Mike Pollitt from Wigan, Carlo Nash from Stoke, someone like that.

Eh, why wouldn't they think that of Bellamy then?

Didn't say they would have, just giving a reason why Man City mightn't see this as the worst idea.

I don't see the need to sign another player to sit on the bench. Let Soderberg sit on the bench, if something happens to Krul, then bring someone in. It's not like it takes all that long to get a shit old keeper in on loan.