Shay Given (now retired)

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Give Krul his chance. He's young and hungry and is far quicker than harper.

Than scramble for the ball in the everton game where he was on his back but caught the ball and held it, would have been in if it was Harper(or Rob Green)

We do need a backup keeper though incase Krul gets injured.

would love to see given come back on loan, only to sit on the bench

Those that are saying you don't want Given back because of how he left, how many of you are the same people that were accusing the 'Given-lovers' of putting the player before the club? You're doing the same thing, he's a top keeper but you're putting your personal feelings about him before the well-being of the club.

its called principles. they are subjective and right at this minute we are not having to play him in the last game of the season to stop up, taking everything into consideration i'd rather not have him here.

Absolutely 100%. Tim Krul looks confident, and I believe this is his time. I think given a run of 10-15 games, we'll not be discussing Krul's inexperience, and GK will not be a problem position for us as long as Krul stays fit. What we need to look at is possibly an emergency back-up option just in case. We don't need Given in the slightest.

Loved Given when he was here, he dented his rep for me when he left (for the money) but it still never took away from the fantastic performances he gave in a Newcastle shirt, legen in my eyes. Glad we won't be recalling him back though, as has been noted it seems desperate and is a step in the wrong direction in the long run.

Wouldn't be suprised if it was Shay's team trying to angle for a return after seeing Harper's injury. Thinking he can just waltz back in now things aren't going well for him. No way. Bed made so lie in it.

Would u people take him if he is shown in a picture begging Chris Hughton on his knees to take him back? I mean let bygones be bygones. We need him in the situation we are in right now, so put all the personal differences aside and think what is best for the team.

Would u people take him if he is shown in a picture begging Chris Hughton on his knees to take him back? I mean let bygones be bygones. We need him in the situation we are in right now, so put all the personal differences aside and think what is best for the team.

He owes the fans who paid his wages for ten years an apology too tbh.

He owes the fans who paid his wages for ten years an apology too tbh.

Bollocks does he.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Krul will be good enough for us while Harps is out. If we do get a loan, get a decent backup for him incase Krul gets injured, not a replacement.

We might as well play Krul. I was in the Harper camp previously, but if he's injured, why bring another 'keeper in, who's not going to be that great, hence why his club would be willing to loan him out to us. Why stunt Krul's growth further? Only reason I'd bring Given back is pettiness to put him on the bench, but obviously that's not going to happen.