Shay Given (now retired)

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we can have him on loan until Harper is back again, and it's not silly wages, then we should do it.  Why risk losing points over pride?  I like Krul, but if he has a mare of a game and loses confidence or gets injured himself we could be in a bad place.  If it's a low wage loan deal then I would be happy for him to come back.  Think of the bigger picture.

FWIW, don't believe it will happen though.

Krul has to be given a chance - he will never improve if he doesn't play.  He needs games at his age and wasn't Given our number 1 at the same age?  I think it might be quite demoralising for him if they bring someone in to play ahead of him.

The answers in this thread are too sentimental. Let's say we need a draw to stay up on the last day of the season, who would you be more confident of keeping that clean sheet - Krul or Given?

That's essentially what it comes down to, every save and every point is crucial. But i'd be a tad surprised if there was anything in this beyond lazy journalism.

The answers in this thread are too sentimental. Let's say we need a draw to stay up on the last day of the season, who would you be more confident of keeping that clean sheet - Krul or Given?

That's essentially what it comes down to, every save and every point is crucial. But i'd be a tad surprised if there was anything in this beyond lazy journalism.

agree with all that especially the last bit.

I'd actually say no to Given. Story is trash anyway.

It all depends on how long Harper is out for. We need to recall Foster if he's out longer than 2 months.

Stick with Krul and have foster on the bench.

cant recall forster apparently, don't want given.

Those that are saying you don't want Given back because of how he left, how many of you are the same people that were accusing the 'Given-lovers' of putting the player before the club? You're doing the same thing, he's a top keeper but you're putting your personal feelings about him before the well-being of the club.

Those that are saying you don't want Given back because of how he left, how many of you are the same people that were accusing the 'Given-lovers' of putting the player before the club? You're doing the same thing, he's a top keeper but you're putting your personal feelings about him before the well-being of the club.

Who's to say the current squad wouldn't be upset if he came back? It's not just us, its a squad who went down, slugged out in the Championship and come back as a written off team while he sits on his massive wages talking about the massive club he joined.

If I were a player i'd be well fuked off to see the return of the judas prick.

Who's to say the current squad wouldn't be upset if he came back? It's not just us, its a squad who went down, slugged out in the Championship and come back as a written off team while he sits on his massive wages talking about the massive club he joined.

I agree, but that's not why most people don't want him back. They don't want him back because he's a 'judas prick', not because of the effect he might have on team moral.

its called principles. they are subjective and right at this minute we are not having to play him in the last game of the season to stop up, taking everything into consideration i'd rather not have him here.

its called principles. they are subjective and right at this minute we are not having to play him in the last game of the season to stop up, taking everything into consideration i'd rather not have him here.

But to say you'd risk relegation because of it is madness. Another relegation could kill us, are our principles worth that much?

On the one hand, what he did was unforgivable and it'd be stupid to bring a judas like that back as it could upset the team/fan morale.

On the other hand, we really do need someone and at the end of the day he is a very good keeper on his day.

Is there anyone else available?

I agree, but that's not why most people don't want him back. They don't want him back because he's a 'judas prick', not because of the effect he might have on team moral.

So you agree some players will feel the same, so they in theory they would have to also put their feelings aside to have him back for 'the good of the club'

The good of the club for me is to blood our young keeper with currently a limitless potential, not go back to a keeper who's peaked and on the slide.