Shay Given (now retired)

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I love how people were all for bringing Bellamy back but won't take Given.

Totally different situations.

How? Given would only be here 1-3 months in a situation where we could do with a keeper.

I can't see any similarity to being linked with Bellamy other than they're both former players.

Harper would top himself.

:lol:

Just what I was thinking.

It looked like a painful injury, and this would be a kick in the bollocks for the lad.

I imagine emergency loans last the length of time the injured keeper is out, so wouldn't have any baring on Harper at all really.

I don't think they were seriously suggesting Steve Harper would attempt suicide.

How? Given would only be here 1-3 months in a situation where we could do with a keeper.

I can't see any similarity to being linked with Bellamy other than they're both former players.

People are having a go at the way Given left the club, Bellamy left the club in a far worse way, and yet people would have been happy to have him back.

People are having a go at the way Given left the club, Bellamy left the club in a far worse way, and yet people would have been happy to have him back.

Think it's a case of time being a healer.

It looked like a painful injury, and this would be a kick in the bollocks for the lad.

I imagine emergency loans last the length of time the injured keeper is out, so wouldn't have any baring on Harper at all really.

I don't think they were seriously suggesting Steve Harper would attempt suicide.

How'd he tie the noose with one arm for a start.

How'd he tie the noose with one arm for a start.

He was bullied out of the club by that cunt Souness. Given asked to leave.

Bellamy never wanted to leave the club, just get away from the twat Souness, and with very good reason.

He was bullied out of the club by that c*** Souness. Given asked to leave.

Given didn't even have the decency to ask to leave until the club basically refused to transfer list him.  Given wouldn’t ask for a transfer because he didn’t want to give up his percentage of the transfer fee.

I don't see the need to sign another player to sit on the bench. Let Soderberg sit on the bench, if something happens to Krul, then bring someone in. It's not like it takes all that long to get a s*** old keeper in on loan.

This. I don't have a problem with Given like some on here, but now is Krul's time to shine.