Carling Cup fourth round - Arsenal (h) Pre-Match Thread

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We should definitely stick with the young players and second-stringers. They deserve their chance, as tonight has proved royally, and I'd rather see us blood youngsters and experiment with line-ups in this competition than in the Prem. I'll be happy if we win the Carling Cup but not overly gutted if we get knocked out. Bit of strategic strengthening would do no harm if get close to the final.

Hoping for Stoke away :)

Nobody else is. Who wants to play Stoke more than the regulation two times a season. That's just asking for trouble.

Me, as I live in Stoke hehe

Could go for Wolves away as well

Please Michael, for your own sake, in UK "hehe" isn't an acceptable thing to say as a male.

Keep putting a team out that we think can win each game. If that means dropping some of the players from the first two games, then so be it. Its a squad, not two seperate teams!

And of course we should be going for it. Any club with ambition wants to win trophies. We have no idea how well the draw could play out. Lets hope for us at home to Northampton and Arsenal v Man Utd in the next round. Villa with a tricky away tie would be nice too.

This is our shot at a ticket for Europe. The club should definitely play our best 11 or at least the core of the first team. I don't think we're missing that much by substituting Raylor for Perch, or Sol for Williamson.  Sitting Nolan, maybe playing Guthrie. Still quality.

I might reconsider if we were playing poorly in the league and were sucked into a relegation battle. So long as we're doing well in the  league, I think the Cup should be prioritized. A far easier path to Europe (and much more likely) than finishing in the top six or whatever.

Guest Schmocky

I wud rather face manure or arsenal now then in final to be honest if we went that far, since if they get to final thy always put out the full first team usually to win it.  and i would take any cup I dont really care a cup is a cup.

No point getting excited until we've seen the draw, saying that I thought it was nailed on we'd lose, no doubt we will get Northampton at home and get beat. Fuking crazy season already, one of my favourite starts across the board, lets hope it keeps chucking up mental results regardless of our own.