Thank f*ck...

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

I shouldn't feel this agitated about another club's player but got to say, from what I've seen from him this thread is way out of line. He didn't do too bad today nor has he done too bad this season. Give him a chance ffs.

Wishful thinking there.

Let's not forget the wonderful bit of control by Perch where no Stoke player was nowhere near him and he gave them a throw in

How about the poor touches from just about every other player on the pitch on one or two occasions? Never mind those, eh?

Thought he wasn't doing too badly til the OG. Had a canny shot too.

Shame for him, but he just isn't good enough for the step up from League 1 / Championship to the prem.

i thought he was having a good game until the og but sadly that will be what sticks in the mind

Doesn't look up to the PL to me. Own goals happen so I'm not fussed about that but his general use of the ball, crossing etc is not up to PL standard. I don't rate Simpson or Raylor either though Simpson is the best of the three and I wish we could bring on Raylor for dead ball kicks only. Said before we should go for Hutton at Spurs.

The fact is, weather he's good enough or not, he shouldnt have been marking Huth for the two goals. Huth is a fucking giant and one of the biggest on Stoke's team, why was it left to Perch to pick him up, TWICE?

Why wasnt Williamson or Coloccini marking him?

The fact is, if we had a bit of organisation about us at the back, Perch would have been size for size and we may have won the two headers that cost the goals. Simple stuff really.

The fact is, weather he's good enough or not, he shouldnt have been marking Huth for the two goals. Huth is a fucking giant and one of the biggest on Stoke's team, why was it left to Perch to pick him up, TWICE?

The fact is, if we had a bit of organisation about us at the back, Perch would have been size for size and we may have won the two headers that cost the goals. Simple stuff really.

Williamson was meant to be the player on him.

Can't argue with that.

Surely STaylor will bag the right back slot with Simpson as second choice. Perch is third choice and getting far more games right now than he should because of injuries. The lad has had a f*cking hard start to his career with us tbh.

Can't argue with that.

All the more frustrating because, though it wasn't nice to see Ricardo Fuller hurt, it did give us a lot of time to re-organise ourselves before the freekick was taken - and this was after they'd launched a barrage of undefended aerial attacks at our goal and hit the woodwork a few times.

Yet somehow little Perch ended up marking Huth.

Keep forgetting about S Taylor. Far and away the best RB option we have.

Agreed. But will Hughton even consider it? With Perch, Simpson and R.Taylor all here for RB, it suggests he won't.

Guest sittingontheball

Surely STaylor will bag the right back slot with Simpson as second choice. Perch is third choice and getting far more games right now than he should because of injuries. The lad has had a f*cking hard start to his career with us tbh.

Hope it doesn't do his confidence long term.

Take the own goal away and Perch was alright.  Nolan is my s*** man of the match, apart from the penalty what the f*** did he do? If he had put away that chance in the box late on it would have been a good return on him after a poor showing overall.  Carroll needs to take a look at him self too.  Did very little today.  He is supposed to be the man who is winning us games with goals.

This - Perch was unlucky with the OG, he HAD to go for the ball...blame Tony Pulis and Stoke for being so unsporting and exploiting our weaknesses under physical pressure..!

Guest firetotheworks

Simpson is in no way better that Perch. When Perch first came here I thought he was, but he's absolutely not. Up until the own goal I thought Perch had a solid game, aside from that mistake he looks like he's improving.

Let's not forget the wonderful bit of control by Perch where no Stoke player was nowhere near him and he gave them a throw in

How about the poor touches from just about every other player on the pitch on one or two occasions? Never mind those, eh?

Who says never mind those? This thread is about Perch and I was highlighting a moment where he did fuck up - under no pressure whatsoever he gives them a throw in, from which they then won the free kick

I thought Perch did OK today if I'm honest. The kid is only 5 or 6 games into his NUFC career and already, the boo-boys have started on him. Shame on you's. :thdn:

First two or three games i was all for the whole, "it's pointless dropping him, he could still be alright" approach. Now that he's played badly six games in a row and is costing us goals with blatant cock-ups, i think the 'boo-boys' are somewhat justified. He could be a relatively useful member with regards to having a squad with strength in depth, but as first-choice right-back... Christ, scary shit. The guy's really poor imo. Surprised to see that people are even going as far to say he was okay minus the OG. I think his control is poor and his positioning is shocking, both were evident today.

That's not to scapegoat him though. He, Barton, Nolan and Routledge were all equally pitiful in the second half today. There was a total lack of defensive organisation altogether today really. You could watch hours-worth of videos on how to defend against Stoke, but to get so blatantly rumbled by their party trick (twice!)... that's just shocking.

Bleurgh.