Man City V NUFC Pre Match Thread -Sun Oct 3rd 1.30pm (live on espn)

olliemort
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

anyway what i'd pick

krul

raylor williamson colo enrique

jonas tiote barton barfa

nolan

carroll

jonas on the right to provide protection for raylor and barfa through the middle with de jong and y.toure won't work imo he'd be best trying for their full backs. Hopefully carroll might be able to bully their cbs who i still think ain't terribly great (for whats been spent on them) but our problem will be midfield and getting through barry de jong and toure which will be difficult

From nufc.com

CoM Stadium:

2008/09 Lost 1-2 Carroll

Thats a mistake isn't it? Can't say I remember the game but don't recall Carroll scoring

he did as i recall

Certainly did, Edgar robbed the defender and squared across for a Carroll tap in.

Fair enough, remembered Stoke as being the only goal he got that season

From nufc.com

CoM Stadium:

2008/09 Lost 1-2 Carroll

Thats a mistake isn't it? Can't say I remember the game but don't recall Carroll scoring

he did as i recall

Certainly did, Edgar robbed the defender and squared across for a Carroll tap in.

Fair enough, remembered Stoke as being the only goal he got that season

He scored against West Ham at home aswell, canny header. It was when he had the stupid braid things in his hair.

During that period inwhich he scored 3 goals, a certain Michael Owen contributed 0.

I dont think we will get hammered. I think City have conceded 4 this season in all competitions, but they dont score a lot either. We havent been that bad at the back, sunday aside, i think it will be a low scoring loss. But i wouldnt at all be suprised if we managed to sneak a draw.

I dont think we will get hammered. I think City have conceded 4 this season in all competitions, but they dont score a lot either. We havent been that bad at the back, sunday aside, i think it will be a low scoring loss. But i wouldnt at all be suprised if we managed to sneak a draw.

Don't be too confident - you may well be right, but they have a lot of talent and if they click on the day, they are capable of doing what we did to Villa...it WILL happen sometime this season.

Game is tailor-made to try HBA out in the central position as they're footballers and not spoilers. Nolan will do less than usual against such players. It will be Nolan to play of course.

It would actuall also provide more defensive cover by moving HBA inside and slipping Jonas down the wing.

Nolan doesn't offer much protection and HBA won't track back as much as Jonas

On Sunday, Hughton may well stick with the same starting XI that began against Stoke City, with Andy Carroll in attack and Kevin Nolan operating as a deep-lying forward.

Hughton has already confirmed he will start with right-back James Perch, although Sol Campbell is fit again after a thigh injury to give him a further option at centre-back.

Guest prestonj1989

Is Guthrie still injured? He is not listed in the physioroom. What kind of injury does he have then?

Bit random but I am sure I read somewhere recently that he was having bother from the police something to do with having all his cars seized. Who ever was writing it was suggesting personal issues might be why he has been unavailable for so long. Can't remember for the life of me where I read it but am sure I didn't dream it. Probably a load of rubbish anyway.

Is Guthrie still injured? He is not listed in the physioroom. What kind of injury does he have then?

Bit random but I am sure I read somewhere recently that he was having bother from the police something to do with having all his cars seized. Who ever was writing it was suggesting personal issues might be why he has been unavailable for so long. Can't remember for the life of me where I read it but am sure I didn't dream it. Probably a load of rubbish anyway.

Toontastic.

Guest prestonj1989

Toontastic.

Blimey, that was a quick response. That was it. Probably couldn't remember as I never normally look at other forums.