Man City V NUFC Pre Match Thread -Sun Oct 3rd 1.30pm (live on espn)

olliemort
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sol Campbell was a doubt with a thigh injury after missing the 2-1 loss to Stoke but should travel to Manchester.

Midfielder Danny Guthrie, yet to make an appearance this season with a knee problem, and Danny Simpson, recovering from an ankle problem, are not in the squad for Man City.

Hughton said: “It’s pretty much as we were. Danny Guthrie and Danny Simpson trained this week but are not available for Man City.

“They are getting there, but are not quite ready for inclusion.”

Johnson will be up against Jose if anyone. Invariably starts from the right all the times I've seen him for City.

Aye but he was coming inside a lot last night, then switched up the left second half. Though when he moved to the left he seemed ineffective as Tevez was hogging the ball out there. They looked very thin down the right last night and over crowded at times on the left. I'd be thrilled if they lined up similar on Sunday.

Not sure who's going to be left back for them like. There's talk about Lescott but he won't be fully match fit. if Milner play's he'll rip us apart mind.

And if Tevez drifts left again Perch will get at least 1 yellow card because he can't seem to fucking tackle

Sol Campbell was a doubt with a thigh injury after missing the 2-1 loss to Stoke but should travel to Manchester.

Midfielder Danny Guthrie, yet to make an appearance this season with a knee problem, and Danny Simpson, recovering from an ankle problem, are not in the squad for Man City.

Hughton said: “It’s pretty much as we were. Danny Guthrie and Danny Simpson trained this week but are not available for Man City.

Christ, these two must be on the slowest recovery system ever :lol: For the last couple of weeks, they've been 'not quite there'.

Dropping Tiote. :lol:

Jonas will start in place of Routledge or Ben Arfa I would guess.

Reckon we're gonna get beaten quite comprehensively in this one unfortunately, City have looked great at home and I think they'll overpower us in CM and have the majority of possession. Our best bet would be to hit them on the break, but we've no pace up front to do that.

Can see it being a bit like the Man U game. A good, spirited performance but a sound beating, maybe 2-0.

Christ, these two must be on the slowest recovery system ever :lol: For the last couple of weeks, they've been 'not quite there'.

Better than what we used to do, rush players back and have them break down again.

-

Dropping Tiote. :lol:

Jonas will start in place of Routledge or Ben Arfa I would guess.

Reckon we're gonna get beaten quite comprehensively in this one unfortunately, City have looked great at home and I think they'll overpower us in CM and have the majority of possession. Our best bet would be to hit them on the break, but we've no pace up front to do that.

Can see it being a bit like the Man U game. A good, spirited performance but a sound beating, maybe 2-0.

Good points.

How about a 4-3-3 with Tiote, Smith and Barton in midfield and Carroll, Lovenkrands and Ben Arfa up front. Lump it up to Carroll as soon as we get the ball, then have him play it to either of the pacy lads and hope for the best.

Thank fuck I'm not our manager.

I might just take sleeping pills at noon and hope I sleep through it. This is going to hurt. I'm not even convinced they'll score too many, but they'll keep the ball and grind out a 1, 2 or maaaaybe 3 goal win. We won't get a sniff IMO.

I can only hope that he's going to put Jonas in for Routledge.  Maybe something like:

Krul

(shudder)       Williamson      Colo           Enrique

Tiote

Jonas                  Barton                        Ben Arfa

Nolan

Carroll                       

Need ball retention here.  Gotta grind out a result if we're going to get one.