Coloccini   7.5  (Campbell  7.5)

Enrique   7

Routledge   5

Tiote   8.5

Barton   5

Jonas   8

Nolan   3 

Shola   4

What did Shola do so wrong to get a 4?  Same with Nolan tbh, I hate Toon fans that single a player out as a scapegoat.  Nolan adds quite a bit to the team in my opinion and if you like 'leads' others.  Barton too, played ok, good few passes in the centre, not great on corners admittedly.  Agree with Tiote as best on the pitch for us though.

I thought the hand slapping by Man City players to De Jong after the tackle on Ben Arfa was shocking.

I think they all knew it was bad and were just trying to say to him that they knew it wasn't intentional and keep his chin up.  Don't think they expected hij to keep his studs up for the rest of the match though.

I thought the hand slapping by Man City players to De Jong after the tackle on Ben Arfa was shocking.

Everything about that club is detestable. I fucking hated them before the game, and i fucking hate them now. They'll peak for a few years but, as we've seen in the last week, they're not going to sustain it for long. They'll turn to absolute rot within the next decade and i'm going to fucking love watching it.

Hughton on ESPN:

'Upset' with the challenge and 'incredible' decisions against us.

So much for unloading with a Wenger-esque rage.

Nice guy.

Hughton's never gonna go skitty on national TV. There'd be nowt to gain from it anyway, i'd rather he maintained his dignity - every man and his dog knows the decisions were absolutely ridiculous, he needn't inform anyone. The only thing to gain from coming out and lambasting a referee is a hefty fine. Brings the game into disripute doesn't it liiiiike. :rolleyes:

Nah, disagree with that.

Like it or not, we're in a league where if you scream the loudest, you are heard. Look at Wenger and Fergie and how they moan and whinge when things don't go their way, then in the next match the ref has that in the back of his mind when a 50/50 challenge happens. Hughton should have gone ape s*** at the corrupt ref today, maybe he could have accused City of paying the ref off, which would have made sure everyone saw a replay of the s**** decisions today and i bet you we wouldn't get that treatment from referees any more.

I think you're right, unfortunately. The FA want to harp on about respecting the refs etc. But they're undeserving of this respect because they are not good enough at what they do, and can't be relied upon to make sound decisions the majority of the time.

I think these refs do give poor decisions far more often against teams and/or managers who do stay dignified and take it on the chin. Definitely something Hughton has to think seriously about. It really shouldn't be this way, but the refs are so spineless it's untrue. Hughton has to pick his spots and let rip with an almighty whinge when it's necessary.

A fair indication that nobbling HBA was their top priority at the start of the game. No one has been able to get close to him in his previous starts, it was always a fair bet that other teams would try and take him out by other means.

We were keeping the ball brilliantly by playing football high up in the first half. Came out in the second to sit deep and launch the ball. 

They were getting in behind time after time until we changed it.

Agree with that.

My problem is he doesn't appear to be able to change things for the better in terms of the match.  We went from playing too high, to letting them completely dominate us having got hold of the game before the break.  You said yourself it was just a matter of time for most of the second half.

I'd say his substitutions last weekend were more examples of him doing 'something' and making it worse.

Looks like I got my pre-match prediction right. Just such a pity that ultimately we've been ripped off by a referee, Never a penalty for Tevez's and a stone-waller for the foul on Shola in the 2nd half. Thought we did really well but just not our day, which is compounded by the injuries to Ben Arfa and Colo. Have only seen the tackle by de Jong from one angle - bad challenge or fair? Either way, I imagine Ben Arfa will be out for 6 month so I imagine Mike Ashley will be a relieved man (not having to fork out the £6million to make the deal permanent after 25 games)

Hughton on ESPN:

'Upset' with the challenge and 'incredible' decisions against us.

So much for unloading with a Wenger-esque rage.

Nice guy.

Hughton's never gonna go skitty on national TV. There'd be nowt to gain from it anyway, i'd rather he maintained his dignity - every man and his dog knows the decisions were absolutely ridiculous, he needn't inform anyone. The only thing to gain from coming out and lambasting a referee is a hefty fine. Brings the game into disripute doesn't it liiiiike. :rolleyes:

He seems completely unable to influence anything in a good way once the match starts, so the impact of a touchline ban would be minimal tbh. :pow:

I think they all knew it was bad and were just trying to say to him that they knew it wasn't intentional and keep his chin up.  Don't think they expected hij to keep his studs up for the rest of the match though.

If they knew it was that bad then they shouldn't have been doing the hand slapping for any reason.

Krul   8

Perch   6

Williamson   6

Coloccini   7.5  (Campbell  7.5)

Enrique   7

Routledge   5

Tiote   8.5

Barton   5

Jonas   8

Nolan   3 

Shola   4

Agree apart from Shola.

I think we played fairly well and did well to contain Man City for the most part, but obviously luck was not with us today. It was very sad to see Ben Arfa injured like that, but strange that we didn't even get a freekick. Hopefully he makes a full recovery, but as much as I would love for us to sign him I don't think Ashley will pay out for him.

The Man City penalty was ridiculous as Tevez wasn't in the area and Williamson won the ball. I think what was more galling was that the referee didn't even use the linesman and made the rash call. When it came to our penalty claim he was in a great position, but just let play carry on. They talk about the Respect campaign for referee's but today I can't see anyway in which he could be defended.

Tim Krul did well when called into action, which wasn't that often. James Perch had a better game (that stamp by Lescott could have led to a broken ankle), but still needs to read the game more. Colo looked composed before the injury. Sol Campbell was good when he came on and Williamson was excellent, although he could have scored with a free header near the end. Jonas played very well in the first half causing all sorts of problems, but was quiet in the second half, probably due to City targetting him as the dangerman.

Joey Barton had a very good game, breaking up their play and trying to get the ball out wide. Routledge didn't offer a lot, his crossing wasn't the best and against Lescott he had no chance to challenge for the ball. Kevin Nolan was pretty useless, the game bypassed him and he wasn't involved at all. Ameobi did decent, but with limited support and he could win all the flick ons he wants, but Nolan was never going to run onto them. Carroll came on and lumping the ball up to him against experienced defenders isn't going to be effective, his touch could also do some work.

The annoying thing about Man City was the way the played the game, they didn't offer a lot, but the amount of cynical fouls given away when Newcastle looked like breaking was atrocious. Boateng and Toure were two that were booked for doing this, but how De Jong never got booked despite leaving his foot in on Gutierrez is a wonder.

I would happily stab Martin Atkinson.

Going too far.  Although I would happily watch someone else stab Martin Atkinson and then wave play on instead of calling the police.

And have the people in the street congratulate them on their knife technique.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I would happily stab Martin Atkinson.

Going too far.  Although I would happily watch someone else stab Martin Atkinson and then wave play on instead of calling the police.

:lol:

f*** off man. Shola barely put a foot wrong.

Led the line well with no support from the pointless fat c***.

Agreed, I thought that he did well today and I'm not really a big fan of his.

What kind of manager do you have to be to actually have that as a tactic. 'Injure their best player'.

No dignity man. Christ, i hate them. Absolutely hate them.

Netherlands did it in the 2006 WC against Cristiano Ronaldo.