Man City 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 03/10/10 - post match reaction from page 33

Dave

The problem is that points aren't given out for effort. We've been ripped off by the referee today but ultimately we've got too many players who aren't doing enough. Hughton has his work cut out to convince the squad that positives can be taken from performances like this rather than let their heads drop thinking even at our best we're going to lose.

Considering the injuries to Ben Arfa and Coloccini it's been a pretty disasterous day.

Oh, and City are garbage. s*** team full of reprehensible overpaid workhorses and a vacuous, pathetic crowd.

Agreed. Nolan and Routledge definitely didn't do anywhere near enough today.

Let's recap the referee's performance:

De Jong scissor tackle that breaks Ben Arfa's leg - DIDN'T EVEN GIVE A FREE KICK NEVER MIND A RED CARD

Williamson slides in on Tevez on the edge of the box, getting the ball first - PENALTY

Lescott rugby tackles Ameobi in the box - NO PENALTY

Fuck off.

The problem is that points aren't given out for effort. We've been ripped off by the referee today but ultimately we've got too many players who aren't doing enough. Hughton has his work cut out to convince the squad that positives can be taken from performances like this rather than let their heads drop thinking even at our best we're going to lose.

Considering the injuries to Ben Arfa and Coloccini it's been a pretty disasterous day.

Oh, and City are garbage. Shit team full of reprehensible overpaid workhorses and a vacuous, pathetic crowd.

Despise City but i reckon they'll be in the Top 4 come the end of the season.

Oh, and City are garbage. s*** team full of reprehensible overpaid workhorses and a vacuous, pathetic crowd.

Agreed. Nolan and Routledge definitely didn't do anywhere near enough today.

Add Barton to that, his free kicks/corners were abysmal

i rarely get wound up when beaten, i can handle it when we are second best, but today has me seething. sometimes the ref gives the games big decision against you, but to give three f***ing huge decisions against you gets me kind of riled.

well done lads, we showed that we are as good as the better teams today, hope qwe take something from it and hope the refs assessor kicks his arse.

One of the unluckiest match I've seen from us for a while.  Well done lads, don't get down. Hope Hatem is ok but we all know he isn't. 

I'm sending Hatem a get well soon card to the club, I hope others do the same.  I've no idea if he'll get it but it will be nice if we all send him one to know we ae thinking of him

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Krul- 6

Perch- 5

Williamson- 6

Coloccini- 6

Enrique- 6

Ben Arfa-

Barton- 6

Tiote- 8

Jonas- 7

Nolan- 5

Ameobi- 4

Campbell- 8

Routledge- 5

Carroll- 6

Despise City but i reckon they'll be in the Top 4 come the end of the season.

not playing as they have done so far they wont.

Paradoxically, the enormity of the injustice today has somehow made it less crushing for me than if we had just lost 2-1 after a normal match. After Ben Arfa went off I felt like taking a gun to my mouth, now I feel fired up and eager to show two fingers to this bent league and its "favorite" teams by staying up this season.

Hopefully the players feel the same way.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

One of the unluckiest match I've seen from us for a while.  Well done lads, don't get down. Hope Hatem is ok but we all know he isn't. 

I'm sending Hatem a get well soon card to the club, I hope others do the same.  I've no idea if he'll get it but it will be nice if we all send him one to know we ae thinking of him

:lol: