Man City 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 03/10/10 - post match reaction from page 33

Dave

Very hard to so swallow, played  well but there is no fucking justice.

exactly, the way man city played they will have trouble making the top 4 , they were nothing special,  we played ok we can take sum positives apart from the injuries/

we came up from a league below n only lost to one super goal to the richest club in the world and a dubious penalty.  plus we should have got a cast iron pen our selves.

i know it hurts now but guys calm yrselves.

One of the unluckiest match I've seen from us for a while.  Well done lads, don't get down. Hope Hatem is ok but we all know he isn't. 

I'm sending Hatem a get well soon card to the club, I hope others do the same.  I've no idea if he'll get it but it will be nice if we all send him one to know we ae thinking of him

Is that part said with a lisp? :hom:

I've already mentioned it, but if we'd won our (very, very winnable) home games - then i'd been feeling a tad philosophical about the match today. But when we're losing the games in the way that we are - it's very worrying.

It works both ways. Winning at your worst is a sign of Champions. Losing at your best is the sign of relegation candidates. Plus the fact we appear to have gained absolutely no luck whatsoever over the past 12 months.

The Ben Arfa thing just doesn't bare thinking about.

Tiote, Jonas, Coloccini, Campbell, Enrique and to an extent, Barton and Ameobi were all positives. Perch is a liability, Nolan's proving himself to be a Championship player, but Routledge was our worst player; looks like he just wants to find a corner to hide in.

It's a shit, shit result but we'll be fine in the long run.

Bollocks.

Kind of robbed but that will be forgotten by next week. Gutted about HBA and worried about Colo, but Sol did grand.

Other positives in Tiote (the man!), Jonas, Nolan being taken off,etc.

Ultimately though we need points and we didn't get any.

Man City did not deserve to win this game. We deserved at least a draw but hughton's hand's were tied with the injuries.

I thought Jonas was obviously man of the match, with Tiote very close too (he was outstanding).

I thought Barton didn't play well and Nolan was ineffective today, other than that I thought our player did very well. Especially our defence.

Extremely unlucky match and I'm so, so gutted for Arfa.

One of the unluckiest match I've seen from us for a while.  Well done lads, don't get down. Hope Hatem is ok but we all know he isn't. 

I'm sending Hatem a get well soon card to the club, I hope others do the same.  I've no idea if he'll get it but it will be nice if we all send him one to know we ae thinking of him

Fuck off, the lad broke his leg playing for us.  He's clearly our best player, if you think that's gay then you clearly write for the Daily Mail.

Stream I was watching on was shite, when we went 1 down I got absolutely furious and stormed off to the pub for a drink.

Reading the last few pages, fucking glad I left.

Seems we were robbed again, and on top of that our most exciting player is fucked.

Hate football sometimes like, wish I didn't care so much about this club.

Wonder how long it'll take for someone in the post match analysis to come out with the these decisions all balance out in the end line.

They absolutely do not balance out & they played a part in getting us relegated last time around (non existent penalties, free kicks, corners, etc.).

Considering who we were playing, £180m+ worth of players + a shit ref, we did well & were unlucky in the end.  Jonas did well, Shola played his part as well as he could, the defence were well organised for the most part.

Nolan was missing again for most of the game and if Carroll's poor performance against Stoke saw him dropped then Nolan's performances in the last couple of games should probably see him put down.

Tactics are abysmal, only when the players take matters in to their own hands to do we look threatening.

Don't think they were tbh.

Tactics could have won that game with an honest Ref.

Fuck off, the lad broke his leg playing for us.  He's clearly our best player, if you think that's gay then you clearly write for the Daily Mail.

:lol:

Barton was off the pace I thought, not really sure how Nolan did if im being honest. Tiote, Jonas, Sol and Colo were excellent I thought. Big Mike was pretty good too, unlucky with that decision. Jose was good, Perch wasn't great but he doesn't get much help from Routledge. Ameobi was OK, should of won us that pen.