De Jong

Yorkie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

De Jong left out of Holland squad:

Following the challenge on Hatem Ben Arfa that left the Newcastle player with a broken leg on Sunday, Dutch coach Bert Van Marwik has pulled Manchester City midfielder Nigel De Jong out of his latest squad. 

Van Marwik said:

"I've seen it (the tackle) on TV. It was a wild and unnecessary challenge. I don't think he did it on purpose, but he goes in way too hard in this challenge.

"That's a pity, because he doesn't need tackles like this. The strange thing is that the referee doesn't give a card. Apparently there are other standards over there."I have a problem with the way Nigel unnecessarily searches for the limit. I'm going to talk about that with him.

Is that relating to the awful standard of referees in the English league?    YES

Or, is it relating to certain managers in the EPL instructing certain thug players to go out and target key opposition players ?   YES.

The thing is van Marjwiijk seemed like cunt because his dutch team in the World Cup were such cheats, but now? i've completely changed my opinion of him. Wow, I seriously wasn't expecting this, now lets hope FA does something about it. A 3 match ban is needed for this tackle, it is so needless.

Yep, shame about the coward refs, gobshyte managers and f*** faced pundits.

including the one sat with nicky butt ?

:shifty:

Yes if he bottled saying it was a c***s tackle.

he said there was nothing wrong with it. even after watching it half a dozen times.

City fans on their forum outraged he's been dropped from the Dutch side, apparently anyone who has a problem with his leg-breaking tackles wants football to be a non-contact girly sport.

Seems City fans have become massive c**ts over the past couple of years. Would never have thought i'd ever actualy want to see Man Utd paste Man City, oh how times change.

I've got no problem with City fans not given a s*** about the diabolical penalty desisions that ultimatly won them the game, I personaly loved the fact Wolves were robbed of penalty against us, as I would be any desision going our way for a change, but to show no remorse over what coule be a career threatening injury is f***ing pathetic.

Guthrie was slated for what he did, the only shining light that was viewed from that incident was the fact Fagan is a massive c***.

guthrie was slated because he never even made any pretence of going for the ball. come on man, newcastle fans were defending shearer when kick lennon in the face and would just use the line of "he got the ball first, the rest was just unfortunate but wasn't deliberate"

Guthrie was slated for what he did, the only shining light that was viewed from that incident was the fact Fagan is a massive c***.

guthrie was slated because he never even made any pretence of going for the ball. come on man, newcastle fans were defending shearer when kick lennon in the face and would just use the line of "he got the ball first, the rest was just unfortunate but wasn't deliberate"

:lol: I cannot argue with that like

:lol: I cannot argue with that like

;D you know what i mean.

I remember getting into a massive argument with tooj over the ape who broke Wilshire's leg because I don't think it was the first Arsenal player to get his leg snapped in half, Eduarda had the same fate. Generally it's always the most skilful players who get taken out and I was honestly half expecting this. It happens far too often in our league and there's always cunts who defend it.

I remember getting into a massive argument with tooj over the ape who broke Wilshire's leg because I don't think it was the first Arsenal player to get his leg snapped in half, Eduarda had the same fate. Generally it's always the most skilful players who get taken out and I was honestly half expecting this. It happens far too often in our league and there's always cunts who defend it.

I was expecting players to target him, but didn't expect it to go this far.

TBF it happens in all levels of football, even in 5 a-side the cloggers make up for their lack of ability by hammering the good players.

I remember getting into a massive argument with tooj over the ape who broke Wilshire's leg because I don't think it was the first Arsenal player to get his leg snapped in half, Eduarda had the same fate. Generally it's always the most skilful players who get taken out and I was honestly half expecting this. It happens far too often in our league and there's always c***s who defend it.

Have to agree with you Tron. I was just as disgusted with the tackles on Eduardo and Ramsey and was calling for those players to be banned for them also, and a lot of people on here did have a go and said it was part of the game, calm down etc. Unfortunately people only care when it happens to their players. Wenger has been complaining about this for yonks now. If he had been taken more seriously maybe Hatem wouldn't be in the state he is now.

This sort of shit will only ever be sorted from the English game by panels and videos, the game simply moves too fast for refs to catch the clean from the dirty every time - these tackles are done in a heartbeat man and some that end up in nothing look terrible, other that end in bad injury look like normal tackles.

It's the culture of our game that's fucked, pundits and the like sitting there watching the videos saying it's a decent tackle. Goes down to grass roots as has been said.

If the rules were changed and qualified people, i.e. sensible ex-pro's and qualified sports science people were sitting there reviewing tackles and dishing out bans things might change.

As it is a good hard challenge is always acceptable here. I play abroad a lot and they go down like nothing you've ever seen, however there's more chance of people walking off the pitch abroad imo.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Did De Jong show any concern after the challenge?

Yeah he was pictured in the background giving high 5 to his team mates