Siege Mentality

Guest firetotheworks

Guest firetotheworks

This might be our forced outlook on things now. I've never been one to think that we're a team that's overly singled out and treated like s***, but yesterday and against Everton has got me incredibly angry and upset, like a wounded animal that wants some serious f***ing revenge, and I'm sure that a lot of you and the staff and players feel the same way.

So is this our way forward as a team and fans? To go back to an 'us and them' mentality, or should we continue with the current way of playing open, attacking football?

I'm confused because I believe in the way we play, but I'm f***ing fuming over yesterday's match.

Guest firetotheworks

I think it takes a great deal of emotional management to do that. I dunno really, I'm confused. It must be what it's like to be an Arsenal fan after one of their players is sent to the morgue.

I think it takes a great deal of emotional management to do that. I dunno really, I'm confused. It must be what it's like to be an Arsenal fan after one of their players is sent to the morgue.

The difference is Arsenal have a legion of talented players waiting in reserve.

We've had our one big hope for the season snapped in half and have probably been thrown deeper into a relegation battle because of it.

Guest firetotheworks

We've had our one big hope for the season snapped in half and have probably been thrown deeper into a relegation battle because of it.

Exactly.

We need to keep our attacking play attitude. We just can't do the long ball thing, Stoke was a great examle of this. Most promoted teams who are good at playing attacking football have to revert to long ball because their tactics out do them, however I think this doesn't apply to us. We are not capable of playing the long ball game effectively. Yes our best and only play maker (atleast in the middle) is out for some time, but that doesn't mean we should change our tactics. We should still have enough to get us points against the likes of Wigan etc, and then January isn't far away for us to bring someone in.

i think there is already a bit of this there, didnt Houghton say they had news clipping of things like Andy Gray saying we would be relegated with ease pinned up for all the players to see ?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

i think there is already a bit of this there, didnt Houghton say they had news clipping of things like Andy Gray saying we would be relegated with ease pinned up for all the players to see ?

Who?  ???

A siege mentality has nothing to do with tactics. 

Should this team be playing with a massive chip on its shoulder?  Absolutely.  What was already going to be an extremely difficult season has become mission impossible with our best player out for the season. 

We have had our season derailed by a referee that was either bent or incompetent.  We have been ignored by an FA that only cares about the top 4 teams that sell t-shirts in Dubai and Japan.  The British media is waiting for us to fail.  And talentless, provincial little clubs like Blackpool and Stoke now think they can pick up points at SJP through more anti-football and dirty play.

There can be absolutely no excuse for complacency this year.  Hughton should be reminding this team in every team talk that we are the underdogs.  No more limp second half performances.  They will have absolutely no help, and every point they pick up will have to be earned. 

Should this team be playing with a massive chip on its shoulder?  Absolutely.  What was already going to be an extremely difficult season has become mission impossible with our best player out for the season. 

We have had our season derailed by a referee that was either bent or incompetent.  We have been ignored by an FA that only cares about the top 4 teams that sell t-shirts in Dubai and Japan.  The British media is waiting for us to fail.  And talentless, provincial little clubs like Blackpool and Stoke now think they can pick up points at SJP through more anti-football and dirty play.

There can be absolutely no excuse for complacency this year.  Hughton should be reminding this team in every team talk that we are the underdogs.  No more limp second half performances.  They will have absolutely no help, and every point they pick up will have to be earned. 

What an awful attitude.

You were hugely unlucky on Sunday, yes. But how has your season been derailed? The injury is a blow, obviously, but getting into the mindset of it ruining your whole season is ridiculous.

You then, unless you're on the wind up, go on to patronise the hell out of Blackpool and Stoke, who both deserved their wins at SJP.

That doesn't make you getting your players leg broke and different to ours.

Some may argue that we could have won the league the season Eduardo got his leg broke.

Ramsey last season was really stepping up and showing he could be first choice, if he didn't get his leg broke i think it could have been a different story whether we fought so hard to keep Cesc!

Either way, i'm a believer in an eye for an eye when the challenges are ridiculous as the one on Ben Arfa, not a leg break but for De Jong's negligence and complete insanity he should be out until Ben Arfa plays a first team game again.

Also, a manager at my work knows Andy Wilkinson and before the match where he went in on Ronaldo and got sent off he told his mates he was going to do it! People like him don't deserve to play football.

What an awful attitude.

You were hugely unlucky on Sunday, yes. But how has your season been derailed? The injury is a blow, obviously, but getting into the mindset of it ruining your whole season is ridiculous.

You then, unless you're on the wind up, go on to patronise the hell out of Blackpool and Stoke, who both deserved their wins at SJP.

More to the point, it was De Jong who derailed the season, not the ref. I'd happily blame the ref for donating the game to City, but losing one game does not derail you. Losing Ben Arfa might.