Newcastle United 2 - 2 Wigan Athletic - 16/10/10 - post match reaction from p21

Nate

Our players not being able to play in different formations etc is worrying, cos we need to be able to adapt to playing against different teams etc.

We can adapt, we just have to put the right player in the right position.

Perch and Williamson are a disgrace to the shirt. Can't stand the pair of c***s.

It was excellent to see our two Argies really step it up today, so happy they both played well today.

way, way, way over the top re williamson.

Guest JamesyJazz

Williamsons positioning is at times very suspect.His positional mishaps have left Perch taking the blame in recent games,i.e Stoke.

I would prefer Collo and Sol as our starting C.B's.

Guest neesy111

Seems to me it's just one bad game from Williamson, so far this season he's been good imo.

Perch I still haven't seen play well in an NUFC shirt, and looks a player horribly out of depth.

Perch and Williamson are a disgrace to the shirt. Can't stand the pair of cunts.

If you're looking for a cunt, I think you might want to perhaps look closer to home. Outrageous statement.

Williamson has been fine up until the first goal today, which I admit was a bad error. Your hatred of a very solid defender who has done very well in his NUFC career so far is both baffling and embarrasing.

What's the logic in making no changes at half time btw?

It didn't work at all for the first 45 minutes, so there was no point in giving it another 15 after the break before changing it.

It didn't work at all for the first 45 minutes, so there was no point in giving it another 15 after the break before changing it.

He did. Went from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1 pushing Lovenkrands wide right and Guthrie infield.

He did. Went from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1 pushing Lovenkrands wide right and Guthrie infield.

The formation wasn't the problem, 4-4-2 was fine.

The problem was personnel (namely Perch being on the pitch and Shola and Routledge not being)

I think Raylor has to start as Simpson would of been as bad today as never seems to tackle his winger (remember Thomas the West Brom winger).

I stand in level 7 and I was ashamed today with some people singing 'Hughton, Hughton sort it out', about 10mins after singing how good he is.

Then the booing of Perch on his every touch, and also with 10mins to go and pushing for an equaliser some people singing about Sports Direct!! Get behind the team  :angry:

The stick Barton is being given strikes me as a bit unwarranted. Don't think he's been half as bad as is being made out. Routledge/Nolan have been more disappointing over the course of the season so far - in fact the times where they act as passengers in the team have probably prompted Barton to be overly-ambitious. Having two strikers up front would help his play much more IMO.

Guest JamesyJazz

The problem was personnel (namely Perch being on the pitch and Shola and Routledge not being)

Fickle or what?Not pointing the finger at you in person with the posting but the above statement is classic toon.

If he hadn't changed the set up would we have clawed back two goals?

If Routledge and Shola been playing from the start would we not be saying how crap they are?

Ever decreasing  circles.

Credit to C.H for changing the set up and for keeping the players motivated to achieve this.Would we have seen this two seasons ago with Owen,Duff and the other bottlers in tow?

Guest neesy111

Fickle or what?Not pointing the finger at you in person with the posting but the above statement is classic toon.

If Routledge and Shola been playing from the start would we not be saying how crap they are?

Credit to C.H for changing the set up and for keeping the players motivated to achieve this.Would we have seen this two seasons ago with Owen,Duff and the other bottlers in tow?

Don't call other fans fickle, because quite frankly it makes you look fickle as well.

If you read my post properly, I wasn't complaining about him changing it - I thought he got the changes right - I just think they should have come at 45 minutes and not 60, then who knows? Maybe we'd have won it.

Guest JamesyJazz

If you read my post properly, I wasn't complaining about him changing it - I thought he got the changes right - I just think they should have come at 45 minutes and not 60, then who knows? Maybe we'd have won it.

Ditto,not having a pop at you at all.