West Ham Utd vs Newcastle United Pre-match thread 23/10/10 5:30pm *Live on Sky*

joeyt

I

:lol: I just read on .COM That Dyer is fit and could be chosen to play.... this is a joke right?

Since he left us he has only started 13 games (and never scored). Can anyone tell me if he has ever finished any of those or has he gone off injured in all 13?

I would guess that he is a cert to score against us since he hasn't done so since 2007 for us aginst Watford.

The selling of dyer, was the start of our midfield looking slow and work man like.  At least with dyer you knew you had someone who could run with the ball.

It's okay being able to run with the ball but he can't do it whilst he's sat on the treatment table.

If he's had stayed, it's probable in how things work he wouldn't of got that major injury, but I know where your coming from though.  I'm still 50-50 whether it was good business or not

Crazy talk.

You bemoan Barton on a regular basis for taking 65k a week but are unsure if a player who had a shocking injury record and, was on a reported 80 grand a week basic wage should have been sold?

Can you see the double standards?

Right, getting a major injury is something that's usually a freak accident, that is what Dyer got, he got a broken leg, nothing like any of his usual hamstring or shin splints injuries.  So it's likely if dyer had stayed he would of never of got his broken leg, in the same way in which barton or luque for example would of got their major injuries with us.

I have other problems with Barton as well though, like his criminal record for starters.

But you highlight the fundamental flaw in your own argument. His USUAL injuries, he was notorious for not being able to string a run of games together because he was always injured. I don't debate the fact that had he stayed at Newcastle it's unlikely he'd have broken his leg, instead he'd have gone through a frustrating cycle of treatment table, reserve games, first team games, injury.

Now you also highlight Barton's off field transgressions as a strike against him, something I can't argue he's been far from a model professional but, is Kieron Dyer really the kind of person you want to compare him with? A player who once famously pissed in the street, had total disregard for the fans who adored him, and I'd argue even topped Barton in the stupidity ranks by fighting with a team-mate on the pitch.

To be fair, I regularly piss in the street.

Also, didn't Dyer burn money in front of fans? If he did that's comparable to Barton in terms of sheer twattiness for me.

Dyer was a c*** to own his friends let a lone the fans. The money went to his head, and he believed that the £20m move to Man United was coming anytime now.

care to expand  (even by pm), just i've said it before i regularly saw him and titus in town and they were so timid after the intitial glare had worn off (yes they were annoying at first) but then became like kids, always at the cinema and hiding in corners in pubs.

I always felt that the sort of fans who hated Dyer with a passion were probably far bigger tossers than Dyer himself.

I don't get the constant hard on people have for Jonas on here. I'd say he's 50-50 with every ball he gets

Routledge is 30-70 and him aside we have no recognised wide players.  As such 50-50 gives people a priaprism

That's the problem. Jonas is only productive due to his persistence. We can't carry on playing one big guy up front and one off him with wide players that barely get 50% off the balls in. We need to increase those odds desperately.

Think you are going to have to explain that one.  I didn't like Dyer as a footballer or an individual.  I certainly don't regard myself a bigger tosser than Dyer.

There's a difference between "didn't like" and "hated with a passion". I didn't like Dyer either but I knew when we sold him we wouldn't get a better player. The fans I am talking about are those who screamed abuse at him on every occasion.

dont know how likely it is, but i'd like to see nolan and carroll play on saturday. it could go either way, but i bet they'd be relieved to be playing again after the week they've had. some people react well to adversity.

dont know how likely it is, but i'd like to see nolan and carroll play on saturday. it could go either way, but i bet they'd be relieved to be playing again after the week they've had. some people react well to adversity.

I think it's very likely, I don't think what's going on will mean they aren't available to play. Not sure about Nolan's "fitness" though.

I think it's very likely, I don't think what's going on will mean they aren't available to play. Not sure about Nolan's "fitness" though.

He looks as slim as owt on them daily Mail phots.

Remember Carroll played at Doncaster last season the day after the alleged Taylor incident wearing gloves to hide the bandages on his hands and scored the winning goal.

Anyone fancing watching the game & then talk in + raffle & auction drop me a PM

See link for cause

http://www.princes-trust.org.uk/support_us/in_your_region/north_east/million_makers_events.aspx

The book now on above does not work but a PM from HERE DOES!!!!

This is the full prize list (some random stuff given to us by contractors)

The raffle tickets will be sold at £5 per strip & will only be sold on the night, so the chances of winning will be high.

RAFFLE DRAW PRIZES

1 hour sports massage from pro physio

£20 Fenwicks voucher

£25 Vouchers

£30 meal voucher @ The Denton, pub restaurant

Bottles of Whiskey

Bottles of Wine

Cases of wine

Childrens football party

DVD’s

Fountain pen set

Freeview Digibox

Football book of winner’s choice

Golf 4 ball at any Marriott course

Golf 4 ball at parkland golf course

Home/Car safe

Toaster

Tom May signed rugby ball

Weekend Spa break

Wii games console

Vacuum cleaner

AUCTION ITEMS

Jonás Gutiérrez signed match worn shirt (Starting bids @ £100)

Sunderland shirt signed by team (Starting bids @ £40)

Bobby Robson signed autobiography (Starting bids @  £50)

Johan Cryuff signed & framed large print (Starting bids @  £70)

Alan Shearer signed print celebrating 200th goal (Starting bids @ £50)

I'm afraid I can see a crap performance and a 2-0 home win.

Too many off the field distractions and loss of form/ confidence to suggest otherwise.

Too many off the field distractions and loss of form/ confidence to suggest otherwise.

No loss of form what so ever in our last away game and shouldn't you actually take West Ham into account here?  They've scored 4 goals in 4 home games and conceded 7.

No loss of form what so ever in our last away game and shouldn't you actually take West Ham into account here?  They've scored 4 goals in 4 home games and conceded 7.

Which in our terms translates into a home win. We always fuck up against those 'they're crap' 'haven't won in blah...' teams.

so things happen in a players life and therefore he cant do his job properly.....I've got a builder coming next week to put a drain in the drive...hope he has'nt had a loss of confidence or form!!!!