Shola Is The Best Striker At The Club

Crumpy Gunt

Guest neesy111

Would definitely play Shola against the Mackems as he has a good record against them.

I said this a month ago, and was lambasted in the Shola thread (I think).

He's been the best since Martins left, imo. Maybe even before that. Just start him, and he will score.

Shola Ameobi - 10 goals.

I remember there were a few games that season where Shola and Femi genuinely looked like being a decent partnership. Like everything else though, it quickly fell apart under the weight of abject failure.

Carroll is still the best striker at the club by some distance, imo. He's the only consistently threatening player we have up there. As I've said from the beginning though, he's too inexperienced/not good enough to be leading the line by himself for us in the Premiership.

He's been the best since Martins left, imo. Maybe even before that. Just start him, and he will score.

Shola Ameobi - 10 goals.

I remember there were a few games that season where Shola and Femi genuinely looked like being a decent partnership. Like everything else though, it quickly fell apart under the weight of abject failure.

Carroll is still the best striker at the club by some distance, imo. He's the only consistently threatening player we have up there. As I've said from the beginning though, he's too inexperienced/not good enough to be leading the line by himself for us in the Premiership.

Agree, with the bit in bold the most important.

Guest Ridzuan

Given the current form, I have to admit that Shola is the best striker at the club. Maybe he should be given the No.9 shirt instead.

Carroll offers most threat physically and consistently - Shola has more goal threat, but only intermittently ; Carroll needs a better partner to become effective, but I reckon he will be sold before that happens...contracts simply mean that the club gets a bigger fee...

I'd play Ameobi up front with Carroll. Ameobi gets dropped after having a good game (Chelsea in the cup) whereas players who have a bad game keep their place in the team. Give Ameobi a run in the team. The problem is a lot of our fans have him down as a scapegoat so they are always on his back. Carroll could do with the support of another striker.

Carroll is better in play, but Shola is better at finding the net.

Carroll has scored some very good goals, but for every one of those goals, there's been an absolute sitter that he's missed minutes before.