Wayne Rooney

SEMTEX

Be interesting to see if they boo him when he next plays. Then he scores and they have to cheer at him.

Lou Macari on the radio earlier reckoned he wouldn't play for them again. Dunno how they'd work that once he recovers from injury like.

Not a lot wrong with what's in that statement; whether it's actually what he himself thinks is debatable, could well be some agent massaging going on.

Man Utd have big problems at the moment. Scholes, Giggs, Neville and VDV to name 4, won't last much longer. Rooney looks like he's on his way, Ferdinand is in his 30s and Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Hargreaves, Park, Owen and Berbatov are all 30 or near it. They need major investment to revitalise their squad, but where is this going to come from?

I believe that Scholes, Giggs & VDV are retiring at the end of the season, no idea about Neville but he's in the same age bracket so it wouldn't surprise me if he was retiring too.  Hargreaves has apparently said recently that if he can't overcome his current injury then he'll have to retire too.  So that's 3 definitely going + maybe 2 more.

Ferdinand has been so injury prone recently that he's likely to be moved on sooner rather than later.  Owen only has a 2 year contract with them & I can't see it being renewed.  Berbatov's contract runs out at the same time as Rooney's, there's got to be a huge question mark over whether he'd sign an extension with so many other players leaving.

So that's potentially 7 or 8 first team players leaving in the foreseeable future with little or no money coming in to replace them.  To replace Giggs, Scholes & VDV will cost them a small fortune even before you look at the other players who they'll need to replace.  All of this at a time when the club is losing money hand over fist to cover the purchase of the club.

Unless there's some significant investment coming from somewhere then frankly Rooney has a point - there's nowhere near enough money available to rebuild that team.

I'll never quite understand how or why people criticise players for leaving for money.  If I was Rooney and was acknowledged as being one of the top 10 players in the world and saw other such players being paid double what I was, I would want parity with them (see Messi, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic's wage for example).  It's the same in any job - if you are not paid the market rate for your skills, you are bound to be unhappy.  I would be pretty annoyed if someone as good as me was being paid double my salary.

People just seem to apply a different set of rules to footballers and I can't work out why.  Football is a job to most footballers.  End of.

in general no, i see your point, but for those who are already multi millionaires and should never to have to work again if they didn't want to, they can take other things into consideration, the desire to win things, the desire to enjoy the work (ie play in a way you enjoy), the desire to work in more pleasant surroundings, the desire to work in another culture etc.

Guest neesy111

Man U have paid £487m in interst payments since the Glazers arrival.

Jeez that's awful, their debt hasn't even gone down that much as well.

Be interesting to see if they boo him when he next plays. Then he scores and they have to cheer at him.

Lou Macari on the radio earlier reckoned he wouldn't play for them again. Dunno how they'd work that once he recovers from injury like.

more "injuries" id say until jan unless fergie gets desperate

Guest neesy111

Man U have paid £487m in interst payments since the Glazers arrival.

Jeez that's awful, their debt hasn't even gone down that much as well.

Basically just servicing the interest on the debt and barely, I think.

Yeah, that's my thinking as well.

How many trophies have Man Utd won since the Glazers took over or is the sporting aspect of them being in charge not worth talking about?

I wonder how many more they'd have won if all money made went back in to the club.

Trophies during their time have been won by the set up they took over which is disintegrating without proper investment.

How many trophies have Man Utd won since the Glazers took over or is the sporting aspect of them being in charge not worth talking about?

I wonder how many more they'd have won if all money made went back in to the club.

Trophies during their time have been won by the set up they took over which is disintegrating without proper investment.

Proably around the same as Chelsea are pretty good team & Ronaldo was alway going to leave. They have still spent some decent wedge. I still reckon they will do better than that well run club Arsenal over the next 5 seasons.

Proably around the same as Chelsea are pretty good team & Ronaldo was alway going to leave. They have still spent some decent wedge. I still reckon they will do better than that well run club Arsenal over the next 5 seasons.

Only because of the foundations built by others.

Nothing has been won because of them.

It's true that Man U are heavily dependent on Rooney. At least when he's at his best, which is not the case at the moment.

I saw most of their game tonight. Nani isn't as good a player as he thinks. Anderson's passing isn't great and he must be a disappointment. Carrick seems to have gone off the boil. Macheda doesn't look ready. Park put in a good shift, but doesn't look like a game-changer. The only one of their front six who impressed me was Fletcher.

Having said that, Man U still looks the right place for Rooney. Deep down, I think he knows it.

Nothing has been won because of them.

Yeah its team effort to win things. Guys like Gill & Fergie have enough money in the bank to fuck off if the Glazers were absolute clueless & cunts to work for but they don't that says a lot more to me than a balance sheet.

The main reasons they've won things were already at the club and are now being sold or retiring and won't be replaced. Let's see how many trophys they win with the team they had out tonight.

Ferguson has to take some blame for spending 30m on a waste of space instead of a world class player but they would still be relying on one player.

Ball park figures here but how much would you say Man Utd can get for him, if they sold him in the January window?

I think maximum £40m in today's market.

However much they can get out of Man City tbh.