Wayne Rooney

SEMTEX

Guest neesy111

Who on Earth is going to be stupid enough to be the first to attempt to fill Fergie's shoes at Man Utd? Talk about a hiding to nothing...

I hear Sam Allardyce think he's big enough for the job....

Guest neesy111

Who on Earth is going to be stupid enough to be the first to attempt to fill Fergie's shoes at Man Utd? Talk about a hiding to nothing...

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/g-souness.jpg

The fallout from that I'd love to watch :lol:

Guest neesy111

The fallout from that I'd love to watch :lol:

He'd last 5 matches before the fans kick-off over the style of football.

The inflated Rooney money if used wisely could easily be used to replace himself, Giggs and Scholes. Could well be a blessing in disguise. Wouldn't trust Fergie though, his recent transfers have been patchy at best.

Still can't believe they spent 8 million on Bebe without addressing their massive issues in the centre of the midfield. That money could have gotten them Rafael VDVaart.

sure bebe will be on very little per week, while vdv will have huge wages, but overall i'd agree. vdv could've been the new scholes for man utd for the next half decade.

Smacks of agents pulling the strings behind the scenes. Probably getting all frothy at the mouth thinking of the fees they'll be pocketing and brown envelopes they'll be receiving if he moves for £50m+ (not that's he worth that in current form) to someone like Man City or Madrid.

To be fair, it probably wouldn't take much to turn his head. As others have said, Fergie isn't getting any younger, and the team is clearly a notch or two below the quality of previous sides - it'll drop even further once Giggs and Scholes decide to call it a day - so with his stock being extremely high still, now is the time to make a move and get a big, ridiculous contract that'll have him laughing his way to the bank the rest of his life (more so than he already does).

I'd be suprised if he moved abroad though. His wife has a career as a B-list low-grade celebrity here, would she really want to leave that all behind for a cheating charva who wants to play some football in Spain/Italy? If she says yes, then there's no problem. But if she says no, their kid automatically says no, so unless he couldn't care less about the both of them, his hands will pretty much be tied.

Still can't believe they spent 8 million on Bebe without addressing their massive issues in the centre of the midfield. That money could have gotten them Rafael VDVaart.

sure bebe will be on very little per week, while vdv will have huge wages, but overall i'd agree. vdv could've been the new scholes for man utd for the next half decade.

It's a fair point, when you consider how much they're paying for all that dead space in the same position. How much are Hargreaves, Carrick, and Anderson on?

Vicky Beckham isn't doing too badly.

She's an ex-Spice Girl who already had a successful international career in music, as well as dipping her toes (again successfully) in fashion/modelling/etc with some top designers wanting her to model/work with them/etc etc. Going to Spain/America won't have done any harm to her or her ambitions, in fact there's often been this notion that she's pretty much had a part to play in those moves as she wanted to live somewhere more glamorous than Manchester (Madrid/LA are top 10 fashion capitals).

Not sure the same is the case for Mrs Rooney. Outside of these shores she's a nobody - her work is with brands like OK Magazine and Asda. Not sure some if these UK retailers will be willing to use her in their campaigns if she's not even living her anymore. Naturally this is all based on next to nothing, but at a guess, you'd think this might be an issue that crops up if Wayne has to decide between Man City, Chelsea, Madrid or Milan.

I am not sure this time.  While you may say Fergie will be finished very soon and Rooney is the future, the possibility that Rooney fails to recover his form permanently is relatively big as well.  Rooney is a very emotional player in which his performance heavily relies on having a positive attitude - which he has kept very good since becoming a pro.  This scandal will not end that soon (and probably never) and the media and the public may just go on and on.  To make it worse, he has had a nightmare world cup and is one of the worst player for England.  I don't think his mental strength is as strong as Beckham to be honest. 

Cash-in, even not in Glazier's perspective, could be the best option as I can see Inter, Real Madrid or even City are willing to pay 40m+ at January.  However if he's not sold and the issue continues to drag on and on, his transfer value can down to like 15m or else no team will take him.  His wages is a big issue nowadays - see how Barca fails to sell Ibrahimovic.

I am not sure this time.  While you may say Fergie will be finished very soon and Rooney is the future, the possibility that Rooney fails to recover his form permanently is relatively big as well.  Rooney is a very emotional player in which his performance heavily relies on having a positive attitude - which he has kept very good since becoming a pro.  This scandal will not end that soon (and probably never) and the media and the public may just go on and on.  To make it worse, he has had a nightmare world cup and is one of the worst player for England.  I don't think his mental strength is as strong as Beckham to be honest. 

Cash-in, even not in Glazier's perspective, could be the best option as I can see Inter, Real Madrid or even City are willing to pay 40m+ at January.  However if he's not sold and the issue continues to drag on and on, his transfer value can down to like 15m or else no team will take him.  His wages is a big issue nowadays - see how Barca fails to sell Ibrahimovic.

problem for man u is end of next season rooneys deal is up, the longer they stall the more his transfer value plummets before even taking into account form on the pitch. their best chance of getting a good fee is in jan but selling him would send the man u fans up in arms.

Ever since this thing with the tart blew up and we found out that Man U have an 83m debt, I have been wondering whether they would cash in on him - both parties can make it look acceptable to the fans by claiming that Rooney and Colleen want to 'rebuild their marriage with a new life away from the UK'

and that the club are doing 'the right thing' by letting him go...all sorts of questions about this business.

Real Madrid are probably the most likely buyers.

Time will tell, but I reckon this won't happen until at least Summer.

I've always had a dream of experiencing a player coming to Newcastle just to do something no one else has done - turning down the big clubs just to see how much he can impact a relatively bad team. This is your chance Rooney. See out your contract at Man Utd, come here for free on reasonable wages to test how good you really are.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

First step of him walking away from Football! Should have put money on it.

I've always had a dream of experiencing a player coming to Newcastle just to do something no one else has done - turning down the big clubs just to see how much he can impact a relatively bad team. This is your chance Rooney. See out your contract at Man Utd, come here for free on reasonable wages to test how good you really are.

Shearer not good enough?  :lol: