West Ham United 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 23/10/10 - post match reaction from p20

Dave

I want another dog just so I can name it Tiote.. not kidding if I thought Marley would not kill it I would do it HOWEVER Marls hates puppies and also hates any other dogs coming here as well as just other dogs he don't know.

:lol:

Tiote is fkn brilliant and we need to improve our squad too show him we have ambition because you can be sure the big boys will come knocking looking to buy him.

I want another dog just so I can name it Tiote.. not kidding if I thought Marley would not kill it I would do it HOWEVER Marls hates puppies and also hates any other dogs coming here as well as just other dogs he don't know.

Tiote is fkn brilliant and we need to improve our squad too show him we have ambition because you can be sure the big boys will come knocking looking to buy him.

Get Marley put down, problem solved.

Die you bastard.... and you Dave.. you know you are fk all without him

I'm one of the most pessimistic Newcastle fans but I really fancied us today for some reason. Thought we played well but still didn't create enough chances. However, we didn't have to create too much to beat an extremely poor West Ham side. Thought Tiote was amazing again. I love how the ball keeps dropping to us in midfield and he's there to keep possession every time. Looks a great signing. Roll on the Mackems!

He may die yet the fkn idiot swallowed a gobstopper today.. daughter dropped it, it rolled, he pounced swallowed it.

I bet it costs me a fortune at the vets if its gets stuck.. he dies its Mick's fault!

He may die yet the fkn idiot swallowed a gobstopper today.. daughter dropped it, it rolled, he pounced swallowed it.

I bet it costs me a fortune at the vets if its gets stuck.. he dies its Mick's fault!

I feel guilty now.

I feel guilty now.

So you should.. Dave won't though he is heartless.. Marley made him and he left him in a cloud of ITK dust.

Was very impressed with our performance (from 30 mins onwards).

West Ham were beyond awful.....such a terrible terrible showing.

Feel happy for Hughton because the pressure is slightly off now. Replacing Perch and putting the two streetlamps upfront worked.

Just a quality feeling  :celb: More of this please.

i hope i'm watching us cruise to such a easy victory next sunday as i was tonight,  totally bossed the 2nd half and a thoroughly deserved 3 points.

Thought the front 2 put in a great show and battered there defenders into submission while the midfield quartet were also excellent.

Thought we'd nick this, West Ham can't score goals and concede two per game on average, not sure why some people had it down as a cert for them to win.  A case of focusing too much on our shitness and forgetting that other teams are shitter I suppose :)

Anyway, crucial win!

View from the "'Have we travelled to Little India' End"

Krul - 8 - couldn't see him at fault for the goal, showed Robert Green how to deal with dangerous crosses into the box, caught all of them straight away bar one in the second half where McCarthy fouled him, even then he got the ball on the rebound and got on with the game. Didn't have a save to make.

Simpson - 7 - would be tempted to rate him higher, but as many people (LLLO etc) stated beforehand, he's only gone up in estimation due to Perch's unconfident start to PL life. Solid today but hestitated a few too many times defending and attacking for my liking

Williamson - 8 - drop him for Sol? Really? Really? Quietly got on with things, again. The kind of guy you'd like your daughter to bring home, probably.

Coloccini - 9 - effortlessly a class above anything West Ham had on the pitch, makes a large proportion of the knee-jerk relegation-jerk supporters look more and more myopic as the season develops.

Enrique - 9 - MOTM Wow. Just go and watch his run and shot in the second half, he was defending yet skinned a couple of their players before having a shot deflected wide for a corner. Seemingly unbeatable at times, looked to get crosses in quicker today, which was pleasing to see. Carroll & Shola had something to attack.

Barton - 8 - Was never going to stay wide all game but at least gave a semblance of protection to today's RB (compared to last week). Probably the most gifted passer in our first eleven, could do with pulling the trigger a fraction earlier (not the only one) - massive bounce back from last week's first half - special mention for coming over at the end and giving his shirt to one of the kids in the front row (same for Krul) :thup:

Tiote - 9 - He's here, he's there, he's only got one turn....but it works, TIO-TE! Amazing that the Hammers didn't catch on to the half pirouette after the first half-a-dozen but I'm not complaining. Tackling - tick, passing - tick, heading - tick. More of the sames next week please Cheick and less of the Wigan antics.

Jonas - 8 - Has been on a massive upwards curve since losing his place to HBA against Everton, fair play to Gutierriez and another productive day, if only he could pass on some of his confidence to Mr Routledge...

Nolan - 9 - You'd hope that the myths and mud-slinging would ease off after last week's first half horror show; however, the didn't and they probably won't. Nevertheless, captain Kev came good once again with the equaliser and another very tidy display, showing the less experienced players how to keep possession away from home. We might not be as pretty with him in the team (ohh, fat-ist!) but we're surely more effective.

Carroll - 8 - Scored, thankfully, so he'll be in the papers for the right reasons at least until Monday morning. Decent display up front but seemed to lack a bit of the spark he had at Everton (for example), maybe it was a confidence thing in the first half but he had two or three half-chances to take a shot but hesitated and the moment went (not the ony one who had a weekend like this, Hi Yorkie :morph: O0)

Shola - 8 - held the ball up well, again, seems to have a bit more confidence about him after his mini-goal glut and having forced his way into Hughton's team through good displays. Don't think we'll play 2 up front AND Nolan every week, especially away from home, but he was miles better than Lovelyhands last week.

Hughton - was as surprised as everyone else when I heard Carroll was starting....and Shola....and Nolan, got his team spot on today, maybe West Ham are just gash, but they didn't seem to have much in the way of chances. We, again, gave another good away performance but this time coming away with the three points - never really looked like conceding once we went ahead. Pleasing to see us come back from a goal down away from home :thup:

Away Support - bit different down in London, but a quieter start gave way to another great backing to the team, never shut up once Nolan equalised

Chants of the Day - "You're better than Perch, you're better than Peeeeeerch, that's not really saying much, you're better than Perch" (aimed at Danny Simpson) :lol:

"Where were you in Africa?" (aimed at Rob Green)

Ref - not woeful which is already a vast improvement on recent games, nothing major to decide in fairness, which probably helped given the conditions - don't think he showed any cards? :thup: decent game for him, dunno what his linesman was doing in first half though :idiot2:

West Ham Fans - I thought Chelsea had some brain dead morons...this lot take the biscuit, offering more fights per supporter than they have points (not hard..!) "we'll see you in Green Street Three", barely heard them aside from the goal. An air of resignation around Upton Park? However, it was noticeable that certain sections of their support were a lot younger than the rest, fair play to the club for encouraging youngsters to come and watch. :thup: