West Ham United 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 23/10/10 - post match reaction from p20

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

I really enjoyed that win.

What I took from it.

Tiote. Stunning, an incredibly impressive display. His first touch is just absolutely lush.

Enrique. A weird off day I thought. I though he was at fault for their goal and didn't seem like he had the same power about him. Still a decent performance overall though.

Carroll. He got the goal he needed really. Up until that point I thought he was shite, especially his daft wanderings over to the left wing. After the goal he stayed central, and his touch improved.

Ameobi was decent, and held the ball up well.

Jonas worked hard, and looks like he can be a lot more effective in the final third at the moment.

Simpson was areet, he's nowhere near good enough, but the alternative is worse.

Overall, chuffed with the result, once again we thoroughly deserved it, and looked way, way better than we do at home.

anyone else see Joey Barton's full on swearing tirade at Andy Carroll just before half time not sure what it was about but it was a few minutes after there accidental collision that left Joey floored.. what ever it was about thought Joey went very over the top.

You don't know what it was about, neither do anyone but them and the team. Why speculate and try to stir up some shit when things are going well? Are us fans really that self-destructive?

I didn't speculate what it was about I don't know what it was about.. just saw it and thought the verbal tirade that I saw was very over the top.

But you don't know what it was about

which is why I didn't claim to know what it was about.......

anyone else see Joey Barton's full on swearing tirade at Andy Carroll just before half time not sure what it was about but it was a few minutes after there accidental collision that left Joey floored.. what ever it was about thought Joey went very over the top.

You don't know what it was about, neither do anyone but them and the team. Why speculate and try to stir up some shit when things are going well? Are us fans really that self-destructive?

I didn't speculate what it was about I don't know what it was about.. just saw it and thought the verbal tirade that I saw was very over the top, thought I'd ask if anyone else saw it.

He'd just been clattered by a 6ft4 lump who was in the wrong place and on the same team, the majority of us would have been slightly irritated by the shock of being flattened :lol:

I didn't speculate what it was about I don't know what it was about.. just saw it and thought the verbal tirade that I saw was very over the top.

But you don't know what it was about

which is why I didn't claim to know what it was about.......

You very heavily implied thinking it had something to do with them crashing earlier in the match. It's the focal point of your post, hence the shit stirring remark from me.

Well done on the win yesterday, fully deserved. West Ham came out flying and once they scored, it was though Avram decided "right lads, that's us done." :lol But after that, you were definitely the better side, Tiote was particularly good IMO. Barton also played well I thought - superb ball for the winner, not quite sure what the West Ham defender was doing like. In fact, not quite sure what West Ham were doing for most of the game - the fact you didn't have to play well to be better than them will be what worried Mr Grant the most.

I may get destroyed for this but i thought Simpson was pretty good yesterday for his first game back. Yes he may not be the best defender but his fitness, passing and attcking display was good.

Looked understandably short of match fitness to me. His stamina was okay but he's faster than that when fully fit IMO.

I had forgotten how shit Simpson really was but wow is he an improvement on Perch. Was so good not to see Perch again.

Colo and Willy were really composed. And Tiote was huge again. Jonas looks a much better player too. Enrique was good but not as good has he has been.

Just realized we're ninth after 3 shit performance. That's crazy. Imagine if we actually had won our 3 homegames that we should've won. We would've been 2nd or at least 3rd by the end of the day.

I think the Ref must have forgotten to take his cards on to the pitch with him. I was amazed nobody was booked. It's not like there weren't any yellow card offences committed.

Barton kept giving the ball away. He was also often in the middle of the pitch when he was supposed to be on the right wing. No wonder West Ham's attacks kept coming down our right hand side. Simpson was on his own most of the time as Barton tried to get back. Having said that, two good crosses from Barton.

I think the Ref must have forgotten to take his cards on to the pitch with him. I was amazed nobody was booked. It's not like there weren't any yellow card offences committed.

Barton kept giving the ball away. He was also often in the middle of the pitch when he was supposed to be on the right wing. No wonder West Ham's attacks kept coming down our right hand side. Simpson was on his own most of the time as Barton tried to get back. Having said that, two good crosses from Barton.

was thinking that myself about barton, did very little throughout the game (but created two goals), carroll done very little (but scored one and created one), nolan had one meaningful touch of the ball all game (scored).......it's a funny old game aint it ?

Their threat on the left-hand side was more than enough for Simpson to deal with. Let's not forget both of Barton's balls that led to goals pretty much came from the byline ...

Just a few notes I took from the game.

I, to this hour, do not know why Barton started getting heaps on hatred on here. The usual NO act of looking for people to blame. Had a good game, awesome assist.

Jonas has a ridiculously good touch. He was a livewire, good performance.

Enrique had an off day. Things just didn't seem to work.

Simpson was a massive improvement over Perch.

Carroll's awareness was much better. He performed an awesome chest lay-off to Tiote while running sideways, was cool. Good placement for the goal as well.

I still have no idea who was playing where in midfield. Looked like Barton was wide right. Pretty weird decision.

Obinna had his way with Simpson, and still he looked good compared to Perch. Needs to get some of the basics right (ie not jump when someone fakes a cross or a shot, was completey taken out by Obinna a number of times in the first half due to this).

Tbh, i did go sick when he jumped as that obina faked the crosses. stand still and take it like a man.

was thinking that myself about barton, did very little throughout the game (but created two goals), carroll done very little (but scored one and created one), nolan had one meaningful touch of the ball all game (scored).......it's a funny old game aint it ?

think barton and carroll played really well in the last 20 minutes or so, but yeah, before that they were both having, at best quiet games, at worst stinkers, despite popping up with some crucial interventions.