Ballon d'Or

QBG

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/9126721.stm

Seven of Spain's World Cup winning-squad have been shortlisted for Fifa's Ballon d'Or award.

Andres Iniesta, who scored the winning goal in the final, is nominated along with Barcelona team-mates Xavi, Carles Puyol and David Villa.

Real Madrid's Iker Casillas and Xabi Alonso are also listed.

Cesc Fabregas of Spain and Arsenal is nominated, along with Chelsea's Didier Drogba and Asamoah Gyan of Sunderland, but there are no English nominees.

World Player of the Year nominees: Xabi Alonso (Spain), Daniel Alves (Brazil), Iker Casillas (Spain), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast), Samuel Eto'o (Cameroon), Cesc Fabregas (Spain), Diego Forlan (Uruguay), Asamoah Gyan (Ghana), Andres Iniesta (Spain), Julio Cesar (Brazil), Miroslav Klose (Germany), Philipp Lahm (Germany), Maicon (Brazil), Lionel Messi (Argentina), Thomas Muller (Germany), Mesut Ozil (Germany), Carles Puyol (Spain), Arjen Robben (Holland), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany), Wesley Sneijder (Holland), David Villa (Spain) and Xavi (Spain).

World coach of the year nominees: Carlo Ancelotti (Chelsea), Vicente del Bosque (Spain), Sir Alex Ferguson (Manchester United), Pep Guardiola (FC Barcelona), Joachim Loew (Germany), Jose Mourinho (Inter Milan/Real Madrid), Oscar Tabarez (Uruguay), Louis Van Gaal (Bayern Munich), Bert van Marwijk (Holland) and Arsene Wenger (Arsenal).

Gyan :lol:

Sneijder and Mourinho for me.

What have Ferguson and Wenger done? Even Redknapp and Holloway have achieved more never mind other countries. If it's for Qualifying for the Champions League with a Champions League team and getting whooped in it then Puel, Pellegrini and a host of others should be nominated aswell.

Messi and Mourinho for me.

Messi was the best player at club level during the club season. obviously he was outshone by a lot of the German and Spanish boys during the World Cup, but regardless, he has been the most dominant player on this planet during 2010.

Mourinho is manager of the year, easily. He's owned this year. Led his side to the Champions League trophy, beating the champions of the England, Germany, and Spain. Then he sensationally left for the biggest club in the world. Hell of a year for him

<<<< and Mourinho. Manager one is sewn up. Xavi, Messi, Sneijder and Iniesta would complete my top 5.

Border line farcical how Diego Milito isn't involved and fucking Gyan is man. Can't get a game at poor Premiership team and missed the most important kick he'll ever have to make. I

<<<< and Mourinho. Manager one is sewn up. Xavi, Messi, Sneijder and Iniesta would complete my top 5.

Border line farcical how Diego Milito isn't involved and fucking Gyan is man. Can't get a game at poor Premiership team and missed the most important kick he'll ever have to make. I

AAAAFRIIICCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Also Lucio should probably be in there.

Good point. Surely the best CB in the world this year?

I would like to see Drogba win it, Messi has got plenty of time to win it over and over again. Van Marwijjk or Mourinho for manager.