Arsenal 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 07/11/10 - post match reaction from page 35

Dave

:smitten:

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/106611005.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E64DA13CC927726279C228F2DD0BB0A37DAB820F69A691BEDFE30A760B0D811297

That's class. :lol:

Just hovering around the pitch.

Right, I don't want us to be one of those teams that goes one up at the Emirates and then gets fucked. What's the plan? Keep it as it is? I can't see Arsenal being as poor as that next half. I honestly don't know how we should play the second half.

Be more of the same and if we get to 60-70mins maybe bring on Routledge for Ameobi and pop Barton infield.

:smitten:

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/106611005.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E64DA13CC927726279C228F2DD0BB0A37DAB820F69A691BEDFE30A760B0D811297

:lol: That's ripe for some Photoshopping, like.

Guest firetotheworks

Would still take a draw

Definitely, still expecting to lose. My glass is half empty. So I'll go to the fridge.

Beautiful.  :lol:

I must be the only one who likes Pleat. Granted he rambles like an idiot at times but on the whole he actually knows his stuff, and history. Much rather have him than the likes of Alan Smith.

I'm a Pleat fan. Gets the odd thing like nationality or pronunciation wrong but he genuinely knows his stuff. He absolutely loves Hughton and Colo n all.

He seems a little senile at times, just in the first half he claimed that Enrique was South American and confused Tiote with Ameobi and Jonas with Carroll.

Other than that he does sometimes talk sense which immediately puts him ahead of most other commentators.

arsenal have been poor by their standards, except for a 10 min period in the middle of the half in which they passed and dribbled straight through our midfield. all our tackles and interceptions were a bit last ditch at that point, but we recovered well from it, tiote taking charge, shola helping out a bit, and jonas running non-stop to relieve pressure.

simpson's been great. so far. jonas has looked like the bad old scatter-brained version, but still been crucial imo. carroll is winning everything but the knock ons have been ineffective. would like more angled, diagonal passes from the back rather than the punts straight down the middle.

as everyone is expecting, next half will be played at an incredibly high tempo, so it'll be a different sort of challenge for the lads. barton and enrique can still improve.