Newcastle vs Fulham - 3pm, 13/11/10

Decky

It's all good saying we'll do better against the likes of City at home, just wait till that fixture arrives and we need a result. Forget it.

Can't see us doing better v City. Already proved we don't do well against defensive minded teams.

Krul

Simpson Colo Williamson Enrique

Tiote

Routledge                Jonas

Nolan  Vukic         

Carroll

FWIW

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'd pitch Ranger in rather than Routledge.

In fact, I'd move Nolan forward, play Guthrie in the middle and Ranger out wide, where he played in the League Cup. Not ideal, but Guthrie tends to just lose the ball when he's out wide.

Why does Ranger deserve to play out of position over our right winger?

Ranger has also proven to be sloppy in possession playing out wide, something we cannot afford to do in the Prem.

You'd have taken 2 draws from Blackburn and Fulham at home? ???

Doesn't quite sound right that. You can point to the fact you beat Arsenal away, and to a lesser extent us away as 6 completely unexpected points, but you simply can't rely on happening to play well against good teams. Sooner or later (probably sooner), you'll have to start winning the games you should be. I don't think you'll go down but failing to address the basics of winning against relative rubbish like Wigan or Blackpool will completely limit what you can do this season.

It's all good saying we'll do better against the likes of City at home, just wait till that fixture arrives and we need a result. Forget it.

Can't see us doing better v City. Already proved we don't do well against defensive minded teams.

City are a passing team with a bit of muscle.

I'd pitch Ranger in rather than Routledge.

In fact, I'd move Nolan forward, play Guthrie in the middle and Ranger out wide, where he played in the League Cup. Not ideal, but Guthrie tends to just lose the ball when he's out wide.

Why does Ranger deserve to play out of position over our right winger?

Ranger has also proven to be sloppy in possession playing out wide, something we cannot afford to do in the Prem.

With Barton out, we need some creativity in midfield, and I think we have to play Guthrie in the middle because he really struggles out wide. That leaves the midfield looking a bit flimsy, and I'd prefer Ranger's physical presence in there. This will be a tough match, and we need everyone to get stuck in.

It's not an easy choice, because Routledge does offer something, but I guess I don't have much faith in him delivering.

Guest Chubby Jason

Routledge will have to play simply because we have no other right-wingers. That doesn't mean he's any more than a Championship player; he's proven that he can't cut it in the Premiership so many times now, it's there for all to see.

You'd have taken 2 draws from Blackburn and Fulham at home? ???

Doesn't quite sound right that.

Maybe not in ultimate terms but in the wake of the Arsenal result and with our recent home results, two draws would have been acceptable, I think, or considered as an improvement. Maybe Nut puts it better than I did.

...because his absence increases our chance of 3 points? ???

Baffling opinion WUM.

Doesn't decrease our chances of winning, so i'm not bothered about it.

:laugh:

Ranger or Lovenkrands potentially starting/being subbed in his stead doesn't decrease our chances?

And which is the lesser? And what if the lesser gets injured during the game?

It's pretty simple, Ronaldo:

"I was wrong."

It can be the start of a whole new leaf of humility and not being the forum clown. :thup: