Newcastle vs Fulham - 3pm, 13/11/10

Decky

Just looking at the stats. They haven't won away from home for 15 months but they've only lost three games this season.

Hate stats like that, you know exactly whats going to happen now.

They've only had one league game this season with a margin of more than one goal as well, which was when they beat Wigan 2-0.

So they'll beat us about 4-1 then?

Guest Roger Kint

Just looking at the stats. They haven't won away from home for 15 months but they've only lost three games this season.

Hate stats like that, you know exactly whats going to happen now.

Those stats come back to haunt us, every single page of this thread it seems :shifty:

i think we'll see.....

krul

simpson

colo

williamson

enrique

routledge

tiote

guthrie

jonas

nolan

carroll

This.

I don't mind Routledge on the wing as their left-back is their second-choice and I would fancy Routledge against him.

Probably be

---------------Krul

Simo----Colo------Willi-------Jose

Rout-----Tiote-----Nolan-----Jonas

---------Ranger------Carroll

Think your probably right, and CH will go with this. We are not blessed with our Right wing options now both Ben Arfa and now Barton are out.

Routledge is fast and thats about it. Seemingly can't cross a ball and even with his pace in his last few games seemed reluctant to take players on.

Guthrie i rate in the middle and he can cross and pick a pass but he's been tried on the wing before and been terrible most of the time. Offered very little (and that was in the championship). Arguably not in this new formation of ours to be fair though where all he really has to do is aim for one of our big men in the area.

Ryan Taylor has a chance too. Like Guthrie isn't particularly quick, but probably the best crosser out of the three. Has an incredible free kick (best at the club ber maybe ben arfa) and an absolute screamer of a shot on him as proved again this season in the carling cup where he was trying his heart out for us. Now Ben arfa and Barton's out we will need him or Guthrie to take free kicks corners and for their crossing ability. We could have done with a Ryan Taylor screamer against Blackburn. I'd be tempted to start him if he's still as up for it as he was the carling cup games. Then try Routledgte second half when legs are tired.

Up front  with no Ben Arfa or Shola, although still an extreamley raw talent. Ranger's unpredictability, skill, pace, strength, height and natural talent is in my opinion still is more of a danger to other teams than the likes of Lovenkrands. Who although more level headed and experienced, his attributes pose no real notable threat at this level.

It is worrying though as Rangers finishing and passing is currently as erratic as his temperment. Opposition teams maybe aware of this and take advantage of his suspect temperment. A judgement call and a perhaps a throw of the dice required from CH here. I'd personaly be tempted to throw the dice here and take a chance with him, the kid has the raw ability. If we can give him the experience he so obviously needs and mould him into more of consistant team performer we could have another really good player on our hands here. A goal or two could  well do his confidence the power of good.

Keep Lovenkrands on the bench in case things do not work out with Ranger. Saying that i'd probably put Nolan up top and Guthrie in midfield first. Lovenkrands offered precious little the past few times i've seen him play.

Don't know where this myth comes from about Routledge not being able to cross a ball.

Granted he hasn't done much this season, but last year his final ball (both passing and crossing) was tremendous, and I think he deserves the chance in this league. Fair enough he'll have to up his game from what he was showing earlier in the season, but I think he has it in him.

I hope your right. CH will probably start him. Assuming he does he's got an apparently weak left back to run at. So he may never have a better oppourtunity to prove he's better than some of us think. At least against weaker opposition anyway.

i think we'll see.....

krul

simpson

colo

williamson

enrique

routledge

tiote

guthrie

jonas

nolan

carroll

This is how I think Hughton will go too.

This team would have its merits and could be playing it safe i suppose. It would be nice to see guthrie given a chance in the middle and we could play Ranger off the bench if needs be. It'd expect a tight game and i could see us probably geting a low score draw with that. Maybe some stability is what we need. However we also seem to start on the back foot on a 451 formation and not offer nearly enough up top, our play is also very predictable.

Shame to pack in our exciting two up front formation that worked so well against West ham, the mackems and Arsenal before the wheels came off against fat sams anti football brigade though who seemed to second guess our every move. I'd be tempted to stick to playing two up front which makes us much more of a threat, puts teams on the back foot and go for the win and take the gamble on Ranger.

We need another option up top other than Carroll heading at goal or down for Nolan. Ranger in a free role switching from being level with the last defender to working the channels to dropping deep when needed should cause Fulham added problems at the back. They usually go 442 as well. Even if he does give the ball away or whatever, whilst he's up top it shouldn't matter so much.

Ranger must be impressing CH in training to be considered behind AC and Gola. He got the talent, he just needs maturity, guidance, the games and the experience that goes with it. The fact he sometimes fluffs easy chances and scores harder oppourtunities is worrying but i'd give him the chance to improve now we are down to the bare bones up top anyway. 

I'm not.

Your not bothered Shola's out? Who would you rather we have up top with Carroll than Shola then ?

You're forgetting the goal-machine that is Xisco.

ha ha ha

Hmm yes that lovely fellow who admited delibrately not playing well for us to engineer a move. Very tempting but i'd pass on that one personally.

If he was banging them in for the reserves or  biting at the bit for another chance in training then maybe. But as has been said he's seemingly dropped off the radar and probably considers the reserves beneth him. This doesn't fill me with all that much confidence and it'd be a real shock if he started.

If he was decent in training then the bench maybe in case the wheels come off with Ranger. I doubt he'll even make the bench though.

He seems quite transparent. Nufc have put their foot down and not letting him go for peanuts as he'd hoped. He can impress in the reserves and re-earn his chance or rot in them or their bench. Its his decision.

If Shola's a 'doubt' then he shouldn't be featuring at all. Firstly, he plays like shit when carrying an injury and secondly there's a chance he'll aggravate the injury and miss even more games.

Having said that, I'm not sure who I'd start up top with Carroll. Nolan isn't suited to the role, especially at home. Ranger's too raw, Lovenkrands has no impact on games anymore and Xisco is very short of match practice. Best too is just coming back from injury.

I'd not be shocked to see Guthrie playing right wing and Routledge behind Carroll, actually.

Exactly, Routledge gave Enrique allsorts of problems last season and Enrique is a better fullback than most in the PL. Must be some kind of mental block stopping Wayne performing in the PL.  :undecided:

He was dropped prematurely as well, can't have helped his confidence.

Hopefully with Simpson behind him rather than Perch he should be able to attack with a bit more conviction.

I would rather move Nolan further forward and move Guthrie into his midfield position. Bring Routledge onto the wing and hey presto ...goals galore!!!

--------------Timmy--------------

Simpa---Cambell----Colo----Henry

Routas---Guffas---Cheickas---Jonas

---------------Fat boy------

------------AC9----------