Newcastle United 0 - 0 Fulham - 13/11/10 - post match reaction from page 15

Nate

It may be my imagination, but knee-jerk booing whenever any home team doesn't win a game that the fans expect them to win seems to have become quite widespread.

Every game is analysed in a lot more critical detail by the media these days, and the idea seems to have developed that a disappointing result must be somebody's fault. The reality is that most teams at this level are fairly evenly matched, and luck plays a significant part in how things fall.

Having watched the 60 minute highlights on Sky, it did look like we had some opportunities. The time to worry for the future is when we don't create chances in a match, not when we don't score.

I still think that Man Utd away is the only game in which the opposition have looked better than us and that has to be quite encouraging.

I also think that if Ben Arfa had played in games like Saturday we would probably have won them.

I'd tend to agree with that. Man U was the only game where we've been outclassed. Arsenal can play football of which we're not capable, but we set them problems. We were unlucky not to get something at Man City.

Really, apart from the big two, we look capable of picking up points anywhere.

We too would have rolled over the Chelsea that the mackems came up against on Sunday. Doubt we'll see them again though.

I put money on Sundlund to win after seeing the Chelsea line up and I'd normally never do that.

I would much prefer Ranger up front tbh, because he contributes a lot more to the game and brings in other players. He might not score but he might well set up Carroll or Nolan. Lovencrap is only a goal poacher who scores very few goals, but at the moment it's probably better that he starts as I can see Ranger getting stick if he doesn't score goals.

I would much prefer Ranger up front tbh, because he contributes a lot more to the game and brings in other players. He might not score but he might well set up Carroll or Nolan. Lovencrap is only a goal poacher who scores very few goals, but at the moment it's probably better that he starts as I can see Ranger getting stick if he doesn't score goals.

Lovencrap? Classy way to decribe an honest pro who was key to getting us promoted.

And people wonder why our "fans" attract derision from elsewhere... 

Lovencrap? Classy way to decribe an honest pro who was key to getting us promoted.

Pretty creative nickname too aye...

Ignore him.... this is the same person that once said that he thinks Alan Shearer wants NUFC to be successful only when he's involved.  :dowie:

Ignore him.... this is the same person that once said that he thinks Alan Shearer wants NUFC to be successful only when he's involved.  :dowie:

:lol:

I have no idea where to post this, but lets go...

Chelsea's Alex out for 6-8 weeks. Terry could be out, Essien is suspended and Lampard is injured. Lets hope Ivanovic recieves his 5th yellow card against Chelsea, and i'm starting to hope for a point or three... :)

There was a good article in the Sunday Times about Barton this week where Ron Liddle (usually a wanker) pointed out that on MOTD, because it was Barton no one minded when Henri Camara engaged in 90 mins of physical assaults on our player. Shearer could have put his Newcastle hat on and quietly said it was out of order, but he sat there giggling with the rest.

I have no idea where to post this, but lets go...

Chelsea's Alex out for 6-8 weeks. Terry could be out, Essien is suspended and Lampard is injured. Lets hope Ivanovic recieves his 5th yellow card against Chelsea, and i'm starting to hope for a point or three... :)

:dowie:

Against Birmingham!

There was a good article in the Sunday Times about Barton this week where Ron Liddle (usually a wanker) pointed out that on MOTD, because it was Barton no one minded when Henri Camara engaged in 90 mins of physical assaults on our player. Shearer could have put his Newcastle hat on and quietly said it was out of order, but he sat there giggling with the rest.

When was this? :lol:

Yeah... that was idiotic and immature by, not just Shearer, but Hansen and Lineker too.  we're pretty sure that Barton and Shearer don't get on after Barton's sending off at Anfield..... but this dosen't mean all of the sudden that Shearer wants NUFC to fail! Don't know how you work that one out, tbh.

Yeah... that was idiotic and immature by, not just Shearer, but Hansen and Lineker too.  we're pretty sure that Barton and Shearer don't get on after Barton's sending off at Anfield..... but this dosen't mean all of the sudden that Shearer wants NUFC to fail! Don't know how you work that one out, tbh.

But it does show that Shearer puts his own ego above Newcastle United. He didn't defend OUR player against a leg-breaking thug in order to appease his MOTD audience.

But it does show that Shearer puts his own ego above Newcastle United. He didn't defend OUR player against a leg-breaking thug in order to appease his MOTD audience.

Maybe he simply dosen't like Barton? What has that got to do with your suggestion that he dosen't want to see us do well?

Or how about if you list other examples that would support that?

There was a good article in the Sunday Times about Barton this week where Ron Liddle (usually a w*****) pointed out that on MOTD, because it was Barton no one minded when Henri Camara engaged in 90 mins of physical assaults on our player. Shearer could have put his Newcastle hat on and quietly said it was out of order, but he sat there giggling with the rest.

• 2 months later...
Guest HatchBach

The shirts with the poppies looked quite smart. I have two match worn shirts from this game (well one worn the other issue) and they look good