Newcastle United 0 - 0 Fulham - 13/11/10 - post match reaction from page 15

Nate

Guest palnese

When should Carroll have scored?

As for Lovenkrands - see my point, we never stood a chance.

That double chance in the first half.

Lovenkrands should have scored that free header 2nd half.

Are you thick or something? I said we 'never stood a chance with that team selection' - Lovenkrands was never going to take those chances. He's an absolutely abysmal footballer.

Are you thick or something? I said we 'never stood a chance with that team selection' - Lovenkrands was never going to take those chances. He's an absolutely abysmal footballer.

Any opportunity :rolleyes:

Just don't think Nolan offers enough consistently. Games like today, where was he? Missed Barton badly too, and my god we need a striker in Jan.

I don't think Nolan did much, but they didn't exactly overrun us in the midfield so he can't have done that badly...

Guest neesy111

Because he is, his goal-record across his career for a striker is pathetic at times.

Yeah, like i'm wrong.

Didn't think we were too bad today to be honest. Fulham are a better team than people like to give them credit for. On another day we'd have nicked a goal or two, Lovenkrands had a couple of chances but it's not like he completely fluffed his lines with them. Yeah it wasn't the most entertaining game in the world and I'm still not quite sure what Nolan does when he's not scoring, but certainly no doom and gloom after that - miles better than against Blackburn anyway.

Because he is, his goal-record across his career for a striker is pathetic at times.

In fairness to the lad, he must have at least 7 assists.

Guest palnese

He has spent a lot of his career out wide.

Yeah, like i'm wrong.

Shocking you can even manage to type those words so close together.

Some of the reaction are insane. Lovn and Guthri justified why they were selected ahead of Ranger and Rout. Ranger needs football somewhere else. While Rout was so silent it was like playing with 10 men when he came in.

Was expecting more from Routledge when he came on. Didn't do it again. Need a right-winger desperately in January imo.

More dropped points at home, but we need to have a bit of perspective. We're still in the top half of the table, which had you offered me at the start of the year I'd have snapped your hand off, West Ham and Wolves look absolutely abysmal and are already starting to get cut adrift, and our points total for this time of the year for a team only realistically looking to stay up, is pretty good. We're half way to 36 points which will probably keep us up. Anything above 20 points at christmas is fantastic for a newly promoted team and I believe we'll pick up a few more wins before christmas no problem.

Its also a testament to how much we've improved that we know damn well we would have lost that game a few years ago. The defence held firm and we had a few decent chances. Not a great performance but far from our worst.

1 defeat in 5 games. Still a good spell, onwards and upwards! :)