Bolton 5 - 1 Newcastle United - 20/11/10 - post match reaction from page 32

Dave

Fuck off.

Bolton's 1st: Not a penalty.

Bolton's 2nd: Not a freekick leading up to the play, then he was offside.

Bolton's 4th: How many times does Elmander want to pull Colo back?

1 yes it was

2 point there but it was marginal offside

3 colo should have just got rid rule one as a defender when in doubt kick it out

Sorry Stifler, but how on earth was that first one not a penalty? A comedy of errors, then a blatant, stupid and pointless handball.

Exactly. Sometimes you've just got to take it on the chin and accept it was dreadful. It wasn't the referee or the linesman it was us making stupid mistakes and Bolton taking advantage.

At the time Nolan had jumped up in order to chest the ball down, anyone of you would have had your arms move at the point of jumping.

:lol:

Christ man. It was his own abysmal control of the football that caused it.

Carroll looked good.

It certainly isn't his fault he's the only genuine Premiership forward the Club posess. Although it does determine our style of play will be long ball shit.

Man Utd put in a few of our crosses today, infact Man Utd do it a lot. It's not long ball, it's an early cross. Many teams have proved that corssing the ball into the box before you get to the final 3rd can be very effective without playing the long ball crap you get with the likes of Fat Sam.

At the time Nolan had jumped up in order to chest the ball down, anyone of you would have had your arms move at the point of jumping.

Get a grip, man.

Look, I'll clutch at as many straws as I like.

I didn't see the game, but going by the highlights alone we deserved to get punished for every one of those goals.

Anyone think Williamson will get a ban for his off the ball incident?

I personally don't count it as Violent conduct , just a coming together.

Mackems are saying that he head-butted him , i can almost hear there keyboards typing away letters of complaint to the FA.

Mackems are saying that he head-butted him , i can almost hear there keyboards typing away letters of complaint to the FA.

Hea Mr FA, That Williams bloke propa nutted Elmanda like!

Bolton are similar to us in that they have two big forwards who are a real handful for defenders. Where they were far better than us is that they had midfielders with far more urgency and mobility to support those strikers.

not ownlee did ee dew that, ee also hoyed glasses at Darren Bent's car in New Castle city centre!!!!!111!!!!111111!!!1

Bolton are similar to us in that they have two big forwards who are a real handful for defenders. Where they were far better than us is that they had midfielders with far more urgency and mobility to support those strikers.

and defensivly competent throughout their team on the day.

I thought it looked naughty. At first I presumed he just tried to step up to catch him offside, but I've replayed it a couple of times and it just looks deliberate.

Second goal was def offside though.

A bad day at the office, but we did create some chances. With Tiote back, we'll have a bit more energy in midfield.

Flashes of the old indecisive Colo today. He should have taken responsibility for clearing the ball before the second goal. For the fourth, he was caught in two minds, then done for pace and strength. The sending off just showed that his confidence and composure had gone.

I've always preferred Williamson. The ball or the man might get past him, but not usually both.

It was very hard to tell. Hopefully, he'll get the benefit of the doubt. The views I've seen have been at too long a distance to be sure.

not ownlee did ee dew that, ee also hoyed glasses at Darren Bent's car in New Castle city centre!!!!!111!!!!111111!!!1

:lol:

and defensivly competent throughout their team on the day.

Our defenders had a lot more to cope with because Bolton usually had 4-5 men in the box when they attacked. We play with Carroll up front and the rest usually 10 yards further back, probably to cover for our lack of pace to get back if we get caught too far forward.