Petrovic: "Premier league is a crap league"

LooneyToonArmy

think he is bitter, no? or does he have a point? :lol:  (personally I think the Prem league is overrated but not to the extent Mr Petrovic has labelled it)

-----

AXED West Ham assistant boss Zeljko Petrovic has labelled the Premier League 'c**p'.

He was sacked yesterday - and now manager Avram Grant has three league games to save his job at rock-bottom Hammers.

In a scathing attack Montenegran Petrovic said: "Everybody has great words for the Premier League but it is a myth.

"The Premier League is a crap league, it is nothing. In truth the level is shocking. Every team has just three good players. If you take those players out of the teams then there are only players left who would not be playing in the bottom team in Holland.

"The Bundesliga is far better."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3242824/Zeljko-Petrovic-says-the-Premier-League-is-c.html#ixzz16BYFW2dk

If anything the Premier League is getting better. It's certainly more exciting and unpredictable than in recent times.

We still don't attract the superstars at the peak of their careers like Barca, Madrid and Milan, but that's more to do with finance and their reluctance to move to England.

Other leagues only have two good teams, at least we've got 4 or 5.

Some of the football played in the Premier League is absolute garbage to be frank. Many games are pretty desperate and lit up only by one or two players or passages of play/skill. Sky's hype of the product doesn't help mind.

There are lots of good points in comparison to other leagues though.

He's right about the Bundesliga being better mind.

How often do you watch the bottom half teams of Bundesliga play each other?

Wonder how crap he must be leaving the side bottom of it then.

Just what I was thinking :nods:

I don't watch football in general as much as I used to, but for easily the past 5 years the Bundesliga has been a much more competitive and unpredictable league. I'm sure a recently promoted side were dominating the league until the last few weeks. Also, most of their clubs have pretty good youth set-ups, which means all teams tend to flourish in their own ways. That said, I never claimed their bottom half teams were better than ours, just that the league is actually more enjoyable, productive, competitive and last year finally started to make a better profit than us. 

Really don't know how anyone can argue that the PL is better. It's just promoted and pushed to the hilt.

Guest neesy111

I've always said the Spainish league is better league as all of the teams try to play football at least unlike the likes of Stoke & Blackburn, but Madrid and Barcelona are getting too dominant and the new TV deal needs to come through.  Also technically their players are light years ahead of the players you find in this country.

We're just slowly turning into a larger version of the Scottish league, except with money.  Any non-top 4 side that brings through some good players end out off to one of them.  Much the same way Rangers and Celtic just buy anyone remotely decent from the rest of their league and sit them on the bench behind their foreign stars. 

There's no interest in the greater good in Britain.  It's all commercial crap.

I don't watch football in general as much as I used to, but for easily the past 5 years the Bundesliga has been a much more competitive and unpredictable league.  I'm sure a recently promoted side were dominating the league until the last few weeks.  Also, most of their clubs have pretty good youth set-ups, which means all teams tend to flourish in their own ways.  That said, I never claimed their bottom half teams were better than ours, just that the league is actually more enjoyable, productive, competitive and last year finally started to make a better profit than us. 

Really don't know how anyone can argue that the PL is better.  It's just promoted and pushed to the hilt.

Fair enough :thup:

I can't really give an opinion on the Bundesliga, as we get about 1 televised game a week, which pretty much always is either Bayern Munich or Werder Bremen, and to be fair I don't even watch them that often. I just feel that to be able to say that one league is better than another, you need to have at least a decent knowledge of all teams in the league, and there's really only three leagues in the world I can do that with (Premier League, La Liga and Swedish Allsvenskan).

As for which is better between La Liga and Premier League, I'd say they are about on par with each other. Real Madrid and Barcelona are far too dominant for the league to be competitive and I think the 3-10 placed teams in Premier League are probably a bit better than their Spanish counterpart, while the bottom half of La Liga are probably a bit better than the bottom half of the Premiership.

I've always said the Spainish league is better league as all of the teams try to play football at least unlike the likes of Stoke & Blackburn, but Madrid and Barcelona are getting too dominant and the new TV deal needs to come through.  Also technically their players are light years ahead of the players you find in this country.

The likes of Stoke and Blackburn?

Fuck off.

Mid-table and below... sure. Don't think you can say Chelsea, Arsenal, or the Manchesters only have 3 good players.

Stoke, Blackpool, etc probably have fewer than 3.

Definitely accurate for West Ham.

and us.

Was going to post in here to agree with his sentiments, would definitely agree that we have 3/4 players that we depend on.

Guest neesy111

Fuck off.

Deary me, so your saying that huffing it up in the air is how football should be played.

Fuck off.

Deary me, so your saying that huffing it up in the air is how football should be played.

There is no way to play football.

But neesy's saying the Spanish league has a better looking way of playing football, and therefore he thinks it's a more entertaining league. Don't see how someone can argue with a point like that, even if you don't agree. Think it's turning into an argument just 'cause it's neesy tbh :lol:

But neesy's saying the Spanish league has a better looking way of playing football, and therefore he thinks it's a more entertaining league. Don't see how someone can argue with a point like that, even if you don't agree. Think it's turning into an argument just 'cause it's neesy tbh :lol:

He's comparing the PL and La Liga and uses Blackburn and Stoke as perfect examples of our football. The guy's a fucking retard.