Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Never heard such poor-spirited journalism in all my life as the gushings on five live after the announcement.  "But.. but.. our bid was the best, therefore FIFA must be just going for novelty value, therefore there are no other conclusions to be drawn except that it was already decided and clearly a fix".  Fed up of hearing English people talking about how the English presentation was the best, like there is no other way to do it except to get a Prince and Prime Minister to talk earnestly :rolleyes:

It's not that the English bid was the best, it's that the Russian bid was the worst.

Do we know who else voted for us?  Do Ireland get a vote?  Probably not, but if so they probably felt they had to :)

Think it was Turkey who voted for us.

You mean in that we actually had a bid on making this the best football tournament rather than getting involved in politics, bribes, FIFA arse-kissing, etc?

Is it controversial to suggest that those involved in the bid have completely fucked up this opportunity?

After Sepp Blatter branded it the "best bid" i suggest not.

He'll have said that to each country man. :lol:

Is it controversial to suggest that those involved in the bid have completely f***ed up this opportunity?

So if we f*cked up the opportunity - other than the speculative stuff about bribes etc how exactly did we f*ck it up?

Is it controversial to suggest that those involved in the bid have completely f***ed up this opportunity?

So if we f*cked up the opportunity - other than the speculative stuff about bribes etc how exactly did we f*ck it up?

I'm suggesting Blatter told each country the same flattering bollocks because he didn't want to publically make any enemies or favour one bid over another.

I've got no idea about the in's and out's of any of the bids tbh.