Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not often that I'll agree with David Cameron, but this is a quote from his reaction.

"I think according to Fifa we had the best technical bid, the best commercial bid.  No-one could identify any risks coming to England. It turns out that's not enough."

David Cameron (X-Eton) V Vladimir Putin (X-KGB)

You dont play Queensbury rules with this f***er man. We were giving Ms Warner a Mulberry hand bag, when we should of been taking the FIFA exec into Spearmintrhino.

But DC is right we won the battle on a spreadsheet.

The football world dosen't revolve around england.

Yours, mine & many peoples does though.

Eh? And? You think the world football revolves around us then?

No. I think yours, mine & many other peoples football world revolves around England.

Does it revolve around Qatar like?

:lol: as if that was the point I was implying!

Every country has the right to go for hosting the world cup, if it meets the criteria.

No. I think yours, mine & many other peoples football world revolves around England.

let's host the world cup in england every time then! Throw in the euros while you're at it.

Definite tactical voting. Get rid of England in the first round by voting for the country with no chance, then after getting rid of England by voting for Bel/Hol, switch to Russia.

Nail on head Mr Nut.

Why wouldn't they just vote for Russia in the first place?

Definite tactical voting. Get rid of England in the first round by voting for the country with no chance, then after getting rid of England by voting for Bel/Hol, switch to Russia.

Nail on head Mr Nut.

cos then england would have more/equal votes than the netherlands/belgium and go through to the 2nd round. they're artificially inflating the bene bid to knock out england's.

Nail on head Mr Nut.

So it appears less obvious Russia's paid half of them off?

Nail on head Mr Nut.

It'd give the ones in the other bids' camps the chance to change to England.

Not that they would, mind. They'd already been paid loads of rubles.

let's host the world cup in england every time then! Throw in the euros while you're at it.

That would be a bit crass maybe every time we bid for it though.

I find it hard to get upset. Any system that requires spending on the scale of £15 million to 'convince' the judges to select you to be the host appears to me to be self-evidently corrupt. We clearly took part in that system by spending on that scale, so we have no right to complain that others used their funds to 'convince' better than we did.

Every country has the right to go for hosting the world cup, if it meets the criteria.

How does Qatar meet the criteria then? It even breaks one of the main rules, that there can only be two stadiums in one city - Doha is going to have six.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcta1sqyix1qacb5mo1_500.png

Homosexuality is a sin in Christianity.

Aye, but you tend not to face jail, stoning you to death or hanging.

There are lots of homosexuals in the middle east, some not so open, some VERY open especially in the United Arab Emirates. None of them face anything.

Some of you lot have a completely different view about the Middle East than how it really is. You'll be surprised how open other Arab countries are besides Saudi Arabia. I am absolutely CERTAIN Qatar will host a fantastic world cup mainly because its a country with lots of mixed races as it is (literally is a mini Dubai), and it has the financial power to make everything else go without a hitch. The only downside is the weather, which really isn't much of a problem because

a) They have air conditioning EVERYWHERE in EVERY building

b) These stadiums will be air conditioned.

Not often that I'll agree with David Cameron, but this is a quote from his reaction.

"I think according to Fifa we had the best technical bid, the best commercial bid.  No-one could identify any risks coming to England. It turns out that's not enough."

David Cameron (X-Eton) V Vladimir Putin (X-KGB)

You dont play Queensbury rules with this f***er man. We were giving Ms Warner a Mulberry hand bag, when we should of been taking the FIFA exec into Spearmintrhino.

But DC is right we won the battle on a spreadsheet.

That's what the thinly veiled comment is saying though - how can the best bid be booted out first and the worst bid actually win?  We've tried to stick to the rules and made the most viable package on the table but they have bid on outside influences.  The whole bidding system has been proven to be just FIFA officials going on their jollies for over a year and thier findings may as well just be thrown into a bin.

How does Qatar meet the criteria then? It even breaks one of the main rules, that there can only be two stadiums in one city - Doha is going to have six.

What I meant is in terms of security, staduim safety, hotels, etc.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcta1sqyix1qacb5mo1_500.png

Homosexuality is a sin in Christianity.

Aye, but you tend not to face jail, stoning you to death or hanging.

There are lots of homosexuals in the middle east, some not so open, some VERY open especially in the United Arab Emirates. None of them face anything.

Some of you lot have a completely different view about the Middle East than how it really is. You'll be surprised how open other Arab countries are besides Saudi Arabia.

Just this week I read how open Arab leaders are when chatting to the yanks about one of there neighbours.

it's really more than that as some of the other stadiums are basically in Doha suburbs.