Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How the fuck are Peru who needed to qualify through an inter-continental play off in pot 2 along with Spain and England?

Based on World ranking I think.

Aye, world rankings suck though, seriously flawed system.

I’ll take Poland, Iran, and Panama.

A loss and two valiant 0-0 draws for England then.

Still better than 3 no shows

:lol: we’ll win a World Cup before England does again.

How the fuck are Peru who needed to qualify through an inter-continental play off in pot 2 along with Spain and England?

Great start :lol:

Great start :lol:

:lol: Mike already explained this

How the f*** are Peru who needed to qualify through an inter-continental play off in pot 2 along with Spain and England?

No Americans will see a World Cup trophy until they are being sold on discount at Wal-Mart. You should leave this discussion and focus on crafting a strategy to defeat the varous Caribbean islands you will face next time around.

Nigeria have been to the World Cup five times, were drawn against Argentina four of those times, and have lost to them by one goal on every single occasion. We rubbished them on Tuesday, but I am not fooled. I will take any of the other top seeds over them. :lol: It is difficult to see anything other than a tough group for them, anyway. Falling into pot 4 and the new format for the draw means we have made this hard on ourselves.

How the f*** are Peru who needed to qualify through an inter-continental play off in pot 2 along with Spain and England?

[emoji38] we’ll win a World Cup before England does again.

No Americans will see a World Cup trophy until they are being sold on discount at Wal-Mart. You should leave this discussion and focus on crafting a strategy to defeat the varous Caribbean islands you will face next time around.

Nigeria have been to the World Cup five times, were drawn against Argentina four of those times, and have lost to them by one goal on every single occasion. We rubbished them on Tuesday, but I am not fooled. I will take any of the other top seeds over them. [emoji38] It is difficult to see anything other than a tough group for them, anyway. Falling into pot 4 and the new format for the draw means we have made this hard on ourselves.

Love a bit of Baba [emoji106]

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think G Nev is that bad of a pundit compared to most of the other ones that are employed on the various tv and radio stations.  Can't stand his brothers analysis mind.

It's ITV that's the problem really, I like Gary Neville even if he just doesn't get Newcastle.

We're guaranteed to get Argentina or Germany from pot 1 and Iceland or Sweden from pot 3

Can't have 3 Europeans in 1 group I think

You're right it's only 2.  Argentina and Sweden it is then  :lol:

Get Nigeria in there and it's 2002 all over again

Aren't the Americans hosting an Alternative Fake News World Cup anyway with the teams that didn't qualify?

To be fair Holland, Italy, USA, Ghana, Chile, Wales, Czech Rep, Ivory Coast etc would be a pretty decent tournament  :lol:

I quite like the idea tbh.  Could be quite a decent little tournament with some of the teams that didn't qualify.

I don't mind the idea, but it would basically be the Europa League version of the World Cup. Can't see how motivated the participating teams would be, which would be a downer.

I quite like the idea tbh.  Could be quite a decent little tournament with some of the teams that didn't qualify.

I don't mind the idea, but it would basically be the Europa League version of the World Cup. Can't see how motivated the participating teams would be, which would be a downer.

Opportunity to introduce the next generation of players. Knowing us, they’d probably fuck even that up and still field the likes of Howard and Beasley.

My knee jerk reaction was to dismiss it...then you look at the quality of the teams that could be involved and it would be pretty fun. As long as they don't act like cunts and stage it during the WC itself  :lol:

My knee jerk reaction was to dismiss it...then you look at the quality of the teams that could be involved and it would be pretty fun. As long as they don't act like cunts and stage it during the WC itself  :lol:

Fifa wouldn't sanction it during a WC. A straight up knockout competition with unseeded draws either just before or just after would be mint though.

Best: Poland, England, Iran, Australia.

Worst: Brazil, England, Denmark, Nigeria

I'd take that group - the Australian media is talking like we're going to make it out of the groups for the first time 2006, but it's going to take a soft group like Poland, England and Iran for that to happen (we can't be grouped with Iran, however). Other nice options include Peru/Uruguay and Senegal/Egypt.

Having said that, considering we don't know who our coach is going to be, and how well that coach will be able to select a team and make it perform to potential, we're just as likely to go out with three losses like Brazil :(