Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reading the pundits take on Iceland’s chances is baffling. They write off their chances against, Argentina, which is fair enough. But then they say they have no chance against Croatia.

Croatia. Also known as the country Iceland beat and placed above in the qualifiers for this World Cup. Do some research before pretending you know shit, pundits. God damn.

Reading the pundits take on Iceland’s chances is baffling. They write off their chances against, Argentina, which is fair enough. But then they say they have no chance against Croatia.

Croatia. Also known as the country Iceland beat and placed above in the qualifiers for this World Cup. Do some research before pretending you know shit, pundits. God damn.

Aye. Iceland won't be an easy game for anyone I think, got a very tight and disciplined unit with fantastic team spirit. The players work really for one another and it's hard to break them down. I had kind of written off their Euro glory as a fluke and a once in a lifetime thing, but they played fantastically in the World Cup qualifiers and deservedly won their group. Still think Argentina and Croatia will go through but anything can happen, Argentina and Croatia weren't exactly convincing during the qualifiers.

Aye. Iceland won't be an easy game for anyone I think, got a very tight and disciplined unit with fantastic team spirit. The players work really for one another and it's hard to break them down. I had kind of written off their Euro glory as a fluke and a once in a lifetime thing, but they played fantastically in the World Cup qualifiers and deservedly won their group. Still think Argentina and Croatia will go through but anything can happen, Argentina and Croatia weren't exactly convincing during the qualifiers.

Yeah, I’m not saying I’m certain they’ll qualify. More that i’m incredibly annoyed at pundits saying Croatia is much stronger - makes me certain they don’t even know they were in the same qualifying group :lol:

Croatia. Also known as the country Iceland beat and placed above in the qualifiers for this World Cup. Do some research before pretending you know s***, pundits. God damn.

Maybe we are listening to different pundits, but everyone I have heard has mentioned Group D as probably the most even and competitive in the tournament. Iceland are respected, though not favoured to advance.

Most of the pundits will not have seen Iceland (or Nigeria, tbf) play at all in this cycle. Croatia are favourites because they have big names at big clubs.

Croatia. Also known as the country Iceland beat and placed above in the qualifiers for this World Cup. Do some research before pretending you know s***, pundits. God damn.

Maybe we are listening to different pundits, but everyone I have heard has mentioned Group D as probably the most even and competitive in the tournament. Iceland are respected, though not favoured to advance.

The amount of pundits out there makes it very likely we’ll have listened to different ones. You seem to have found reasonable pundits.

Honestly think that group is the hardest to call, mainly because Argentina hasn’t been showing great form. The other three teams are pretty even, so if there’s an early upset against Argentina the group will be wide open.

Cabaye signed for PSG in the January before the last World Cup.

The sixth was Loic Remy, though obviously he was only on loan and so at the time of the World Cup would never play for us again.

Extremely happy.

Brazil v Costa Rica

Germany v Mexico

Messi v Nigeria

Cristiano v Morocco

The tickets I got. The last two games suck, but the fact I'll get to watch those two in probably their last WC is a dream.

Class that. You reckon young Malcom has any chance of getting in your squad? Seems to be on fire and scored an outrageous goal tonight.

Guest firetotheworks

Your group is easy as fuck mind [emoji38]

They’ll still lose to Panama, mind.

[emoji38] You've already lost to everyone that's there.