Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Tall Striker

Anyone but Russia.

Spain/Portugal = week long piss up in Spain

Holland/Belgium = week long piss up in Holland

England = Month long piss up around the country

Guest Tall Striker

I'm more concerned about England getting 2018, but also I'd like to see Australia get 2022, America wouldn't be a bad choice either, but America has hosted one not so long ago.

Imagine it being in convict land. They'd have England playing Sunday, Tuesday, Friday in Sydney, Perth and then Brisbane :lol:

I'm more concerned about England getting 2018, but also I'd like to see Australia get 2022, America wouldn't be a bad choice either, but America has hosted one not so long ago.

Imagine it being in convict land. They'd have England playing Sunday, Tuesday, Friday in Sydney, Perth and then Brisbane :lol:

Except that the venues and dates are pre-drawn without any teams.

I don't really care either. But while it's true about the likely increase of major media bullshit, it's also true that we probably do stand a better chance of doing well on home soil.

And having been in London during Euro 96 and in Berlin during World Cup 2006, I can say that it is a lot of fun having a major tournament on your doorstep. Even if you don't go to matches.

The fact that those of us who live in Tyne and Wear should be no more than a few miles of 2 venues if we win the bid is a great factor. Not only that but I'd rather Newcastle and Sunderland (well Newcastle twice over) gains money through tourists coming here rather than Madrid or Barcelona. It would be a massive boost to the local economy and could help create much needed jobs here. For the sake of the North East I hope England wins the big, and both SJP and the SOL are venues.

I understand those of you you are on here but not from here may not be too concerned about that, but for us who live here I think we should all be botherd.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Well, our (Korea's) bid for 2022 is a complete non-starter now for obvious reasons.

Just practising the opening ceremony, man!

blattter could get splattad

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/26112010/58/world-cup-swiss-authorities-investigating-fifa.html

almost as bad as a euro politician for stashin the cash!

They've been investigating him since at least 2006 when the first Panorama investigation aired. Nothing will happen :(

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

As it should have been anyway.

Jesus Christ man, what part of you motivates you to pick fights over the most ridiculous, insignificant things ever?

He was bullied at school, so instigates his revenge on the internet. Possibly.

As it should have been anyway.

Jesus Christ man, what part of you motivates you to pick fights over the most ridiculous, insignificant things ever?

You had a World Cup in 2002, it's ridiculous that 2022 would even be considered.

tweet from henry winter:

So on Monday night, 22 Fifa 2018 voters in their Zurich hotel rooms can watch el clasico, celebrating Spanish football. And then Panorama...

He has a very good point!

Rumor is the draw was fixed to make the match fall just before the vote. Which makes sense given this is like the 2000000000000th time in a row where the Clásico happens around this date and the law of large numbers is screaming for justice.