Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Russia and USA imo.

I just know the US is going to get 2022 just to force me to go there again instead of getting to visit some fun new country.

Really have no desire to go to Russia whatsoever even if they do end up hosting as well.

Don't see how they could justify giving it to Australia with their non-existent footballing/transportation infrastructure. I suppose crazier things have happened.

As long as it's not Qatar.

I'm really not botherd about the 2022 bid to be honest, I'm more concerned about us getting 2018, though if I could choose the 2 winners, it would be US and Australia.

Don't see how they could justify giving it to Australia with their non-existent footballing/transportation infrastructure. I suppose crazier things have happened.

As long as it's not Qatar.

I'm really not botherd about the 2022 bid to be honest, I'm more concerned about us getting 2018, though if I could choose the 2 winners, it would be US and Australia.

Now that would be an odd WC logistically.

Nice to see so many people in this country willimg to turn a blind eye to corruption so long as we get to see some s**** like Togo versus Ukraine at St James' Park :lol:

That's right keep on convincing yourself that the BBC program will end of corruption in FIFA and those criticizing it are just turning a blind eye to corruption.

Have a look at BBC's statement

"Delay until after the bid was not an option once it became clear that the winning nations might have been chosen by officials with a proven track record of corruption. The programme has uncovered new evidence linking current, long-serving members of the FIFA executive committee with systemic corruption."

So what did they seek to achieve by screening it before the vote? Were they really expecting that somehow FIFA would suspend voting because of BBC's allegation? Don't be naive man. There would not have been an material difference (in terms of stopping corruption) had BBC screened the show after the vote. The only thing achieved by screening before the vote was to damage England's chances and get some cheap sensationalism for BBC, nothing else.

Apparently we are sending in Cronaldo to Zurich to convince the judges on Thursday.

Not sure how to feel about this...  :icon_scratch:

He dropped out after picking a knock in the Clásico.

We can't do it without his pecs :(

He dropped out of a meeting because of injury? :lol:

I don't think we were in line to get it even before Panorama.

And if a precondition for hosting the World Cup is that all criticism of FIFA must be suppressed, f*** 'em. Countries such as Russia and Qatar (respectively numbers 140 and 121 on the Press Freedom Index 2010) are precisely where it belongs.

http://en.rsf.org/press-freedom-index-2010,1034.html

fucking hell, i agree with you.

Apparently we are sending in Cronaldo to Zurich to convince the judges on Thursday.

Not sure how to feel about this...  :icon_scratch:

He dropped out after picking a knock in the Clásico.

We can't do it without his pecs :(

He dropped out of a meeting because of injury? :lol:

I presume he's just pissed off. Poor form but he (or any other football celeb) wasn't going to make any difference at this point.

Nice to see so many people in this country willimg to turn a blind eye to corruption so long as we get to see some s**** like Togo versus Ukraine at St James' Park :lol:

That's right keep on convincing yourself that the BBC program will end of corruption in FIFA and those criticizing it are just turning a blind eye to corruption.

"Delay until after the bid was not an option once it became clear that the winning nations might have been chosen by officials with a proven track record of corruption. The programme has uncovered new evidence linking current, long-serving members of the FIFA executive committee with systemic corruption."

So what did they seek to achieve by screening it before the vote? Were they really expecting that somehow FIFA would suspend voting because of BBC's allegation? Don't be naive man. There would not have been an material difference (in terms of stopping corruption) had BBC screened the show after the vote. The only thing achieved by screening before the vote was to damage England's chances and get some cheap sensationalism for BBC, nothing else.

Do you think the people implicated in the program didn't know about the allegations already and would have voted for England if only the program had been shown later? :laugh: There's a case for saying it should have been shown as soon as possible, but not later.

If anything this will improve England's chances. You're the corrupt FIFA official. Do you:

• Sulk about the program and vote against England just because of it, knowing it will only increase suspicion that you're self-serving and corrupt and encourage more journalists to come after you.
  • Vote for England even if you fancied a nice Summer holiday on the Costa del Sol hoping it will show just how impartial and incorruptible you are and get those nasty people who want to stop you getting rich from backhanders off your back for a bit.

Do you think the people implicated in the program didn't know about the allegations already and would have voted for England if only the program had been shown later? :laugh: There's a case for saying it should have been shown as soon as possible, but not later.

If anything this will improve England's chances. You're the corrupt FIFA official. Do you:

• Sulk about the program and vote against England just because of it, knowing it will only increase suspicion that you're self-serving and corrupt and encourage more journalists to come after you.
  • Vote for England even if you fancied a nice Summer holiday on the Costa del Sol hoping it will show just how impartial and incorruptible you are and get those nasty people who want to stop you getting rich from backhanders off your back for a bit.

You reasoning only stands if there was a way to unearth the motivation behind every vote. Otherwise the said FIFA official who is pissed off at BBC would happily vote against England and justify the vote on so many other plausible grounds.