Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This. What are you basing all the "it was the shittiest World Cup I've watched" on? It was s*** to watch on the tv? Oh I'm sure it would have been f***ing awesome if it had been in England....

There wouldn't have been f***ing vuvuzelas destroying the atmosphere in every f***ing match for a start.

Probably best that England don't ever win it then. Just in case the South Africans bring their vuvuzelas with them.

South Africa won't make it to WCs they're not hosting, so no.

Wrong!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Multi Millionaire footballers, 67 million just to premier league agents last year,

Meanwhile hundreds of thousands of us are bled dry in grass roots football

The hypocracy of our bid, talking nonsense of helping billions of youngsters through the empty rhetoric of  'Football United' whatever that means.

I could not think of anyone better to represent the paper thin facade of our game where everything is syphoned off to the top than a Royal prince, an old Etonian prime minister and the grotesqe ubercelebrity of brand Beckham.

Shed no tears for any of them, they will continue to line their pockets, that should heal their pain at least.

Some interesting points indeed.

:thup:

It's ridiculous, Russia is understandable + the world doesn't take us seriously anymore. The country is passionate about football and it has the capability to host the World Cup.

Qatar has a fucking population of 1 million people! It's ranke...d 113th in the world, footballing wise. Are you telling me the people of that country will appreciate a World Cup and everything it brings as much as us, Spain or Holland for example?

It's a joke, all it's about is who will pay the most for a vote. Footballing legacy my arse.

And to continue the South American spine of the team.

In midfield:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:2FD5QRxKK-gXsM:http://eliminatorias.mundialsudafrica.com/imagenes/eliminatorias/qatar.jpg&t=1

Fábio César Montezine

In defence:

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2008/02/06/soccer15_gallery__342x400.jpg

Marcone Amaral Costa Júnior

:facepalm:

This. What are you basing all the "it was the shittiest World Cup I've watched" on? It was s*** to watch on the tv? Oh I'm sure it would have been f***ing awesome if it had been in England....

There wouldn't have been f***ing vuvuzelas destroying the atmosphere in every f***ing match for a start.

Probably best that England don't ever win it then. Just in case the South Africans bring their vuvuzelas with them.

Wrong!

No, loads better African sides competing for those five spaces.

wonder if this has something to do with it

2010 Press Freedom Index rankings: Qatar 121st (out of 178), Russia 140th (just ahead of Malaysia!).

Just more of the evidence of why they were surely the best option.  Hopefully Iran or China can take heart from these sucessess and make a bid for 2026.

Hopefully the middle-east sorts itself out by the time it comes round.

"THE WHOLE OF THE MIDDLE EAST UNITED IN SUPPORT FOR QATAR, ISRAELI'S ARE DANCING THE COTTON-EYED JOE WITH THEIR PALESTINIAN COUNTERPARTS, FOOTBALL BRINGING THE WORLD TOGETHER"

[/Guy Mowbray]

Wrong!

No, loads better African sides competing for those five spaces.

Despite being horrific from 2006-2010, they've appeared reinvigorated since this June. It's actually happened quite rapidly as they looked very poor before the World Cup.

They mentioned something on the local broadcast here about Sepp Blatter vying for a Nobel Peace Prize by giving it to these types of countries, especially considering that Qatar said that they would recognize Israel for the WC if they were to make it.

Our own media stirring shit didn't help.

isn't it the people who accept bribes for votes that 'don't help' ?

Obviously. But all the accusations etc that got leaked by our own press did not help.

If they've been bribed, it wouldn't matter what the press said.

Just to follow on from Doug's very good post. Sending the Prime Minister, the Prince and Beckham did reek of desperation and was quite over the top really.

Yeah, we could have done with a lifeless presentation and the handing of £££ to FIFA.

Our own media stirring shit didn't help.

isn't it the people who accept bribes for votes that 'don't help' ?

Obviously. But all the accusations etc that got leaked by our own press did not help.

If they've been bribed, it wouldn't matter what the press said.

Would the Spanish and Russian media sources run the stories as much as we did here? Essentially, FIFA will see our country as a grass - this is our punishment.

another reason why FIFA are an absolute joke. there is no good reason why any of those countries should've won and clearly they're corrupted. if i worked for them, i'd be embarassed tbh (and rich). this had nothing to do with bid quality and all to do with politics and the ego of Sepp "I gave Africa the World Cup, now I give it to the Middle East" Blatter so all the hellholes he gave WCs to can say how great he was at his funeral.

if sportugain and usa/australia won, then fair enough - i get it. but russia and qatar? nah sorry, that is completely out of order. but to finish below holland/belgium  :no: