Newcastle United 1 - 1 Chelsea - 28/11/10 - post match reaction from page 27

Dave

Finely balanced, good-ish performance so far. Hope we show a bit more confidence when attacking - going for the killer ball too early for some reason when there are people out wide in better positions to put in a troubling delivery.

I think some people seem quite intimidated/overawed by the opposition and have been playing rather tentatively.

Decent half anyway, hopefully Hughton can fire them up for the second half.

I'd honestly rather have Leon Best on the pitch than Shola, the man's a walking example of a static and useless footballer.

We've competed well at times, but sitting back has played right into their hands, they're experts at taking advantage of negative tactics.

Last time you said this he scored 2  :aww:

I thought that Drogba lad didn't dive anymore?

I'd honestly rather have Leon Best on the pitch than Shola, the man's a walking example of a static and useless footballer.

We've competed well at times, but sitting back has played right into their hands, they're experts at taking advantage of negative tactics.

Who scored 2?

Last time you said this he scored 2 :aww:

Fucking disgraceful attempt at getting Tiote sent off, I was amazed* more wasn't made of it.

*or not.

Guthrie's had a tidy start as well. His passing has been crisp and he's moved the well from side to side.

:nope:

some early clutching perhaps? We've played well but seem to be lacking a bit of know-how on the ball. Have to come out and go for them 2nd half though...

Are you serious? :lol:

You think Nolan would have done anything in that half? We need to press, we need to defend as a team, we need energy and movement. You tell me whether Nolan does any of those things well.

We've actually been good in possession. We've moved the ball well, our wingers have given them trouble and Tiote and Guthrie have been solid in the middle of the park. We would have scored one or two more if we had a competent striker to partner Carroll.

Carroll has been brilliant as always. Good shows from the 'rotated' players Guthrie and Routledge, both have had a tidy and positive half - Guthrie has shown what he can be like when played in his proper position, looks decent alongside Tiote as well. Routledge has taken the game to Cole, which is always a decent thing.

Shola has wasted every attack we've had and Sol/Taylor partnership has looked incredibly solid. Poor time to concede, although noone was really to blame for the goal.

We've backed off them though and that's not good. Whilst they've not really been a threat, allowing Chelsea to pass the ball around like we have is asking for trouble.

All in all, happy enough :thup:

Who scored 2?

Shola.