Newcastle United 1 - 1 Chelsea - 28/11/10 - post match reaction from page 27

Dave

Tiote was marvellous again yesterday. Couldn't believe he got booked :/

He is the only player i get really worried about when he's booked. Is that 7 he's had now?

6, his first game back from a ban for 5...

He breaks play up, he will get more yellow cards then anyone else.  he had to work his arse off yesterday.

Any strategy or tactical plan can only work to the extent the opposition allow it to.

Yesterday we had 6 key first choice players missing and ended the game with 5 players who have seen very little first team action so far this season. We were up against one of the finest and fastest pass and move teams on the planet. Understandably we got tired.

A great point in the end, however it was achieved.

Any strategy or tactical plan can only work to the extent the opposition allow it to.

Yesterday we had 6 key first choice players missing and ended the game with 5 players who have seen very little first team action so far this season. We were up against one of the finest and fastest pass and move teams on the planet. Understandably we got tired.

A great point in the end, however it was achieved.

True, I was thinking that we didn't have much option other than to play like we did, we can't expect to press Chelsea frantically for 90 minutes.

They were always very likely to score, but we did threaten ourselves at times as well, very good result in the end.

Dunno if anyone has said it, but amongst all the crack about players/managers etc, great credit to the ground staff and stadium managers for getting what turned out to be an excellent match played yesterday.

It must have taken a lot of hard work to make it happen.

Dunno if anyone has said it, but amongst all the crack about players/managers etc, great credit to the ground staff and stadium managers for getting what turned out to be an excellent match played yesterday.

It must have taken a lot of hard work to make it happen.

Yep.

Well, Enrique made the soccernet team of the week.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=847157&sec=england&root=england&cc=5901

Jose Enrique has the unique distinction of being the only non-scorer in our XI but, after a tireless performance at both ends of the pitch against Chelsea, he denies our outfield contingent a clean sweep. Always tricky going forward, Enrique made at least three vital interventions in his own penalty box as the Blues pressed forward, and even sliced one off his line for good measure.

I love Enrique, but he was giving the ball away a little too easily in the second half for my liking. Good to see him get some recognition though.

Enrique got MOTM on Sky too. Hairyhands and Poyet were giving him big praise in the studio too, saying he is forging a reputation as one of the best fullbacks in the league.

Funny that he's finally getting plaudits after the past few years, and there's a player more deserving when they finally do :lol:

Guest palnese

How much did we pay for our starting XI vs Chelsea?

Krul - 500k?

Simpson - 750k?

Taylor - 0

Sol - 0

Enrique - 6m?

Routledge - 1,5m?

Tiote - 3,5m?

Guthrie - 2m

Jonas -5,5m?

Carroll - 0

Shola - 0

Ranger- 250k

Hardly expensive.

Pretty funny to see Enrique getting plaudits just because he did the business against one of the big boys. Wasn't even a stand-out performance by his standards IMO.

Aye, pretty much what I said to me dad. Finally getting praise he deserves but it comes after one of his more average performances.

Random fact: Yanks Bobby Boswell and Stu Holden were at the game yesterday.

Strange.

It is, isn't it? Especially Stu Holden, he plays for Bolton. Why the need to go see NUFC - Chelsea? Unless of course it was Bobby that wanted to go and he went with him, which sounds logical. But still!