Newcastle United 1 - 1 Chelsea - 28/11/10 - post match reaction from page 27

Dave

We got a point when I thought we wouldn't. I'm happy!

Come January and when Arfa's back finally I want to see

Harper

Taylor\Simpson                Sol      Colo              Jose

Tiote

New Winger\Barton           Gosling            Ben Arfa

New Striker

Carroll

Harper

Tiote

New Winger\Barton           Gosling            Ben Arfa

New Striker

Carroll

:laugh:

Good luck with that.

Harper

Tiote

New Winger\Barton           Gosling            Ben Arfa

New Striker

Carroll

:laugh:

Good luck with that.

Misery Guts  :tongue3:

Guthrie has just about all of Nolan's weaknesses, sadly. In The Championship you can get away with a player who doesn't impose himself in a team dominating possession, but flip that over and you're basically down to 10 men.

It's a shame, he has lovely vision and a wand of a right foot when on form.

:thup:

I like him, but can't help feel he's another top 4 cast off who simply isn't the complete package.

He didn't play as bad today as you're making out though.

I personally wasn't happy with Jonas today. Gave up too easily on some balls. Ran into too many blind alleys after a bright start that proves if he puts his mind to it, he can release the ball at the right time. Just overall didn't see much positive from him bar the opening minutes when everyone impressed.

Same old Jonas really, does well to bring the ball forward but goes down too easily expecting decisions. Sometimes it works (Arsenal) sometimes it doesn't but he needs to realise when to do it because at the end of the game today it could have cost us when we should have kept the ball at their end of the pitch.

Guthrie has just about all of Nolan's weaknesses, sadly. In The Championship you can get away with a player who doesn't impose himself in a team dominating possession, but flip that over and you're basically down to 10 men.

It's a shame, he has lovely vision and a wand of a right foot when on form.

Guthrie for me didnt want the ball apart from free kicks and corners when he had the job of taking them and if thats lack of confidence thats a problem for us in future ,Dave said "good robust challenges today"  i say expect a bit more than that ,Routledge for me had a great game and he has dissapointed me so far this season when called up on as he seemed to nail that final ball and gave Cole the run around at times .Taylor - Cambell combo looked good and couldnt tell we had a new pairing in that position,Simpson had a good game too as he never hid and got stuck in when required .

Guthrie showed for the ball a lot today.  Much more than Nolan usually does anyway.

I completely disagree with that. A lot of times Guthrie just stood there watching today whilst everything was going on around him. Nolan may not be the most mobile of players but he does make himself available to receive a pass.

i think i missed routledge having a good game

What?

Routledge had a good game today. Watch the highlights/recording of the game again, he was one of our best players.

He did OK, but wasn't oustanding.  Jose and Sol were 2 of our better players today.  He doesn't go at his man enough and had a little tendency to drift inside early on.  There were a few times I reckon he would have had the beating of Cole had he gone for it, rather than stopped to look inside.  A run in the team might work wonders for him, but I can see Barton coming back in next week.

Guthrie showed for the ball a lot today.  Much more than Nolan usually does anyway.

I thought Guthrie was very poor personally. Tiote carried the midfield on his own and Guthries corners went to Cech every time.

His corners being rubbish doesn't have anything to do with him showing for the ball though.  He didn't stand out, we were playing Chelsea though!  I just thought he got stuck in, more so than Nolan most of the time.